Does anyone wear workout clothes everyday?

Options

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Here on the island, most women look at me like I am crazy because in Puerto Rico women dress up in high heels, earrings and makeup just to go to the store to buy a gallon of milk. In society here women dress to impress other women, most men don't even notice, they're just looking at boobs and butts.

Where I live most women wear workout clothes or shorts and t-shirts, and men definitely notice a dress and nice shoes, just nice shoes, not flip-flops or running shoes, for example, not even particularly high heels. Heck, men even notice jeans and a nice shirt here.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wear whatever you're comfortable in and don't care what other people think. I, personally, wish I had MORE workout attire, but nice workout clothes are pretty expensive.
  • turboturtlepower
    Options
    I wear mine first thing in the morning when I wake up - I wake up to do 10 minutes of jumping jacks. Take the kiddo to school, run home, and then lift weights...so I'm usually in them till 10-12 noon, depending on how long I actually work out. So I wear them pretty much half my day...
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS wear workout clothes. Shop for fancay heels? ME? NEVER (hardly). I'm a frequenter of the Adidas and Nike outlets.
  • amyLhuff
    amyLhuff Posts: 102
    Options
    I workout in the morn and sometimes I just end up keeping them on since I'm a stay at home mom and never have time for a shower anyway lol
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Who cares? Wear what you want to wear. If it makes you feel good, wear it. The opinions and judgement of other people don't matter.

Love and Alohas,
    Ihilani Kapuniai
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    honestly, i am a bum. I often stay in my pj's until i have to leave the house. If i have to go out i put on my fancy clothes (jeans & a t-shirt) until workout time. then i bust out the workout gear, afterwards change back into my fancy clothes or maybe straight to pj's
  • JuliaLee67
    JuliaLee67 Posts: 149
    Options
    I don't usually wear my workout clothes unless I'm working out, and those clothes get sweaty and gross and are mismatched and not really what I'd call "outfits" anyway (i.e., they're not like a skirt and blouse with shoes and accessories). However, when I travel, I like yoga pants and those cheesy terry track suits with tanks or tees, because they're so comfortable and unfussy for being on planes and in airports for hours and hours.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I wear my workout clothes only for working out. But they generally look like workout clothes, not casual active wear. If you have nice 'workout' clothes like stuff from Lululemon, and that sort of look, I don't see a problem with wearing it out and about - it doesn't scream WORKOUT, it just looks like really casual clothes.
  • kitticus15
    kitticus15 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wear mine pretty much all day cuz I tend to work out a couple times a day. I'll run around town in them all stinky and sweaty and just don't give a ****!! But ...I do clean up well at night! :)
    [/quote

I do the same]
  • nainai0585
    nainai0585 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Work out clothes are ment for the gym or around the house, just as pajamas are ment for the bedroom or around the house. I don't think they should be worn as everyday wear. I would not step out of my house with pj bottoms on b/c I care about the image I present to the outside world and unless someone is going to the gym, keep the gym clothes in your closet. But I guess I'm just a snob like that.
  • rmchapman4
    rmchapman4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I wear workout clothes for the gym, a pair of shorts for running, board shorts for the beach, jeans and a t-shirt when out, and a suit when at work. Wear what you want but I think sporting the work out wear all the time is akin to wearing P.J.s to Walmart.

This young man has read my mind verbatim. I work as a school counselor and we strictly enforce a dress code of no pajama pants or leggings as pants for our students. I rarely care what people wear; but, seeing a mom at school wearing pajama pants or yoga pants makes me think "unclean". And not setting a good example for our young girls.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I think that people read much too much into other people wearing their jammies when they're out and about. We live in a society in which it is acceptable to dress very casually and comfortably, and people do. There usually isn't any more to it than that.

I like wearing nice clothes, when I'm not exercising, and I hope that people don't read too much into that. I'm not judging other people for wearing what works for them.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    No
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    If they are comfortable to wear and don't look dumpy or too baggy, then so be it!

Personally, as much as I workout, I don't own very much in the way of workout clothes. I workout at home, so I only wear a sports bra and a pair of panties - that's it. The less clothing I'm wearing, the better as I sweat ALOT! I doubt that would go over well in a public gym...
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I consider my work out clothes as comfy clothes. I don't usually wear them to Walmart or anywhere, but if I had to I wouldn't be embarrassed. I will wear a clean set of my workout clothes as before bed clothes or if I am working around the house, cleaning or doing yard work or whatever.

If I see someone out and about in workout clothes, I never think bad of them. I assume they are either going to or from a workout and didn't have time to change. Or maybe they are doing some chores and didn't want to ruin their jeans or something.
  • Gwen_B
    Gwen_B Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yes, but they are pretty much just Nike clothing so they aren't spandex or anything. Either I am on my way to run (more time than not) or just because they are just more comfortable!!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    All my t-shirts can be worn for workout and casual stroll. However, I work out in basketball shorts, but I never wear them casually unless I'm stopping on my way to or from the gym. I see too many dudes rocking sport casual clothing for looks, while their body shows that they hardly see the inside of a gym, so I stay away from that.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i feel prettier when i wear my workout clothes when going out....i don't wear regular clothes very often. hangs head in shame.
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I wore loose pajama pants to the gym and stepped on the elliptical. The woman next to me had been staring for the past 3 days but finally I hear her say something to me. "Excuse me?"......"Yes?" I replied. "You're so COURAGEOUS!!" she exclaimed. I have never been so confused in my life. I asked why. She said, "Because people must stare at you all the time wearing pajamas outside."

:indifferent: Martin Luther King Jr was courageous!! I hardly consider what I'm doing to be the standard here.

I'm in a gym!! I wear pajamas, workout clothes, whatever the EFF I want all day long- every day. COMFORT!!

Obviously, fancy restaurant---i'm all glammed up. People usually wonder why I go "all out" to just go to the local eating place.

It's because i'm not so damn tired from doing it all the time- that it's actually enjoyable to get dressed up! Not being forced...

Let's face it...if anyone is really JUDGING someone for their clothes (albeit cleanliness always counts) that's just friggin' sad.

We should be judging if they aren't wearing any :laugh: