Chinese and Indian

Options
I am going to a wedding tomorrow and the evening is a chinese and Indian buffet ! Which dishes would be best to choose, as it's my fave, but don't want to undo a weeks hard work ! Xx thanks xx

Replies

• HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Obviously it depends on what they have on offer, but there are a few reasonable choices to make.
    Tandoori chicken isn't covered in a creamy sauce so wouldn't be as high in fat as things like korma or tikka masala. A lentil dhal might be cooked in butter/ghee but is high in protein.
    For the Chinese, avoid anything battered or crispy as it'll probably be deep fried - same with spring rolls and samosas.

Alternately, eat what you wan, just less of it, and enjoy yourself!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    tikka29 wrote: »
    I am going to a wedding tomorrow and the evening is a chinese and Indian buffet ! Which dishes would be best to choose, as it's my fave, but don't want to undo a weeks hard work ! Xx thanks xx

its one meal... one big buffet meal wont make you fat, just like one salad wont make you slim. eat what you like, enjoy it and then get back to your deficit the next day.
  • tikka29
    tikka29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks x think I will take the calorie count day off xx
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I second a day off :)
  • McGristy
    McGristy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Third!! Sounds absolutely delicious!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Listen to Tavistock!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    100% what tavistock said. Sometimes its just nice to chill and just eat what you want even if you eat less of it. You might find you can eat less of it, chew a bit more, take your time and if need be keep portion size going.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Get in a few good workouts and EAT. OMG. I don't care for Chinese, but bring on the Indian. That's one of those foods I eat as a special treat and I go to town when I do.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    tikka29 wrote: »

its one meal... one big buffet meal wont make you fat, just like one salad wont make you slim. eat what you like, enjoy it and then get back to your deficit the next day.
    Also all of this.