Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is my activity level?

Could someone please help me figure out my activity level?
I do cardio 5 days a week for 30 minutes and I do strength or resistance training about 3x a week for 15 to 20 minutes.
I sit for the great majority of the day, so am I sedentary or does my exercise make me lightly active?

Thanks so much!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Could someone please help me figure out my activity level?
    I do cardio 50 days a week for 30 minutes and I do strength or resistance training about 3x a week for 15 to 20 minutes.
    I sit for the great majority of the day, so am I sedentary or does my exercise make me lightly active?

Thanks so much!

how do you do cardio 50 days a week when there are only 7 days in a week...???? Do you live on the moon?
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    If you plan on logging all your exercise (including walking over 15 mins), I'd set it as sedentary. If you are just going to log your main work outs I'd choose lightly active.
  • I'm taking it you are doing 5 x a week cardio, if I am incorrect let me know as I have 2 small kids and I would LOVE to have that much free time.

Anyway if you are foong your TDEE I would be looking at second or third above sedentary kind of mid range. But of course is depending on how hard u are hitting cardio or are u strolling?

If you are setting up MVP don't worry bout exercise just your daily activity level eg computer programmer or roofer who is up and down ladders all day.the exercise calculations will happen when u log in

Hope that helps a bit.
    Mike
  • lauraleighsm
    lauraleighsm Posts: 167
    I have mine set to sedentary and then I log my exercise.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    I'm taking it you are doing 5 x a week cardio, if I am incorrect let me know as I have 2 small kids and I would LOVE to have that much free time.

Anyway if you are foong your TDEE I would be looking at second or third above sedentary kind of mid range. But of course is depending on how hard u are hitting cardio or are u strolling?

If you are setting up MVP don't worry bout exercise just your daily activity level eg computer programmer or roofer who is up and down ladders all day.the exercise calculations will happen when u log in

Hope that helps a bit.
    Mike
    Yes, that was a typo! I meant 5 days a week.
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Thanks all for the replies. I do low impact aerobics for cardio but I work at a desk all day. I think I will set it to sedentary. I ask because I get a hugely different calorie amount for the day depending on what my activity level is.