Do you need a lifestyle monitor to motivate you to stay in shape

Options
I have just started exercising and dieting after having my daughter. I am using Endomondo and myfitnesspal to motivate me. The weight is coming off - would you recommend a fitness watch/band or logger to help if so which one - I have an Android phone - or is this a waste of money?
I would like to hear your opinions from experience

thanks
Alison

Replies

• jeep2961
    jeep2961 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you think it will help motivate you and you have extra money to burn, go for it. i decided that they are just high tech pedometers basically and you can get a basic pedometer really cheap. If you suffer from hyper tension they could beneficial, but if you are basically healthy, its just alot of useless data they provide is my opinion.
  • pinkiezoom
    pinkiezoom Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I have a polar T4 HRM and it def helps me push out extra at the gym.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Whatever works for you, I have an Android phone with a pedometer app which is pretty good - except I quite often forget to put it in my pocket doh! It may be worth trying it before you splash out on a Fitbit type thing. I find the weight on the scales / reaching fitness goals (Couch to 5k) the greatest motivators.
    -
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Whatever works for you, I have an Android phone with a pedometer app which is pretty good - except I quite often forget to put it in my pocket doh! It may be worth trying it before you splash out on a Fitbit type thing. I find the weight on the scales / reaching fitness goals (Couch to 5k) the greatest motivators.
    -

+1

Congrats on your progress. :)

I think you will find that everyone is different and there's no one blanket answer. There are plenty of free apps that essentially serves similar function. But if you find them too cumbersome you may want to give the sports band a go.

Personally I've always just used MFP. :#

It boils down to if you want to spend the money or not.

Good luck!
  • StraubreyR
    StraubreyR Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I have an HRM, and I do use that a lot to get a more accurate calorie burn for steady state cardio. As far as fitness trackers for day-to-day things, the deal I made with myself is if I stall out on my last 10-15 pounds, I will get one. I think the last few pounds will probably be the toughest to lose, and if a tracker will help, I will try it.