5'2" -ish women under 120 lbs: How did you get there?

Options
13»

Replies

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm around 120 right now (I hover between 120 and 123). I'm 5'1.5" and haven't been able to maintain lower than 120. I have a "base" of 1000 calories and eat back exercise calories that get calculated by my fitbit HR. I do 10,000 steps a day, plus I do zumba or kickboxing twice a week and an over-50 strength training class twice a week. I also do yoga 2-3 times a week. I ended up "settling" for 120 and basically reshaping my body because to get below 120 I would have to give up all "cheats", the dinner out on week-ends or the church luncheon I attended today (yeah, I went way over my calorie limit). It would be nice to be even thinner, but I've decided I want to enjoy my life. Also I'm more of a medium build (6" wrist, size 7.5-8 shoe).
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Update on my previous post: I'm still 5'1" but I'm down from my starting weight of 155 (from last October) to my current weight of 105. It can be done, folks!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the petite club segacs, and well done. 50 lb is no mean feat.

Cheers, h.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I'm wondering if any women who are short and have a small body frame and low goal weight have managed to reach that and how they did so. I mean specifics, what kind of macros you worked with and how many calories you ate (Net/Gross), "cheat days" or none, how much and what kind of exercise, any other helpful info.

I have been at 125 for a while and want to be around 115. I have gotten there before but not in a healthy way and want to hear how other people have done it.

I would prefer no "just eat less than you burn" from random people of different genders/body types/people who have not reached their goal weights. I know that already, but eating only 1200 calories is proving rather difficult, especially on non-workout days, so I'd love to hear how other people who have done what I want to do went about it.

Wow, this post has been resurrected from last year! Not sure if the OP is still around, but I'll chime in with 5'2.5"/66 years old next month and I'm currently at 128 lbs. I have a medium frame not small so under 120 isn't happening for me.

I'm at the top end of my weight goal range of 124 - 128; very close to maintenance. Gym days I split my macros to 35% protein/35% carbs/30% fat. Non gym days I eat 35% protein/30% carbs/35% fat.

I have MFP set for 1200 cals and use a Fitbit to track calorie burns with neg. adjustment on so I eat anywhere from 1500 - 2000 cals per day eating back most of my exercise calories, never 1200. I workout at my gym 3-4Xs per week weight lifting, cardio. and walk on non-gym days.

No cheat days for me, I have treats every day built into my calorie allowance.

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I am losing steadily on 1000 cals. I don't eat back exercise cals.

You are still under eating. Yea, I know you are old and short but you still need to eat more. He who eats and still loses is the winner. Please stop promoting your calorie goals. Think before you post. please
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

This is below the MFP recommended level for calories and is inappropriate to promote in threads like this.
  • MarcyKirkton
    MarcyKirkton Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

This is below the MFP recommended level for calories and is inappropriate to promote in threads like this.

Op asked. I answered and most definitely am speaking for me only.
  • queenliz99
    Options

Here's an idea, just say you are eating 1200 calories a day and everything will be alright with the world.
  • MarcyKirkton
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

Here's an idea, just say you are eating 1200 calories a day and everything will be alright with the world.
    Lol... lie baby lie. :#
  • queenliz99
    Options

Lol... lie baby lie. :#

You can do it!!
  • MarcyKirkton
    Options
    I tell you guys what I'll do. I'll add: "Speaking for myself only..."
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options

Even if you do that, you're still promoting unhealthy behaviour, which is against MFP's terms. Posting it here is irresponsible 'cause other people will look at it and say "oh, maybe I'll try that too, if it worked for her", and they could end up really hurting themselves. Not cool. Nobody can force you, but it'd be awesome if you'd consider eating more food, mmmkay?

For what it's worth, I wrote a post listing out some of what worked for me during my weight loss. You can find it here. (Spoiler alert: Eating less than 1200 calories is NOT anywhere on the list.)
  • trina1049
    Options

You can speak for yourself, but please don't promote unhealthy habits for others. I agree with segacs and hope that you increase your calories to a more sustainable amount. I'm 66 years old next month and lost over 50 lbs eating 1500 - 2000 calories a day.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »

You can speak for yourself, but please don't promote unhealthy habits for others. I agree with segacs and hope that you increase your calories to a more sustainable amount. I'm 66 years old next month and lost over 50 lbs eating 1500 - 2000 calories a day.

Awesome!! Way to go!!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

It doesn't work like that. When a poster asks for information, and you share information on a forum like this, no matter how many disclaimers you put on it, it could still be construed as advising someone to try that.

Here's an idea, why don't you go ahead and bump yourself up to a reasonable level too and then you don't have to lie or use disclaimers...
  • trina1049
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »

Awesome!! Way to go!!

Whoot! Whoot! It's all thanks to weight lifting -- strong is the new skinny!