I am getting disappointed...any ideas?

Options
2»

Replies

• VaikeVihm
    Options
    With that kind of attitude, you're right, you won't lose weight. You need to just log all of your food honestly and ACCURATELY. Stop relying on motivation to keep you going. It comes and goes. You have to DISCIPLINE yourself, and force yourself to want to lose weight. To want to eat right, exercise.

In the end, it's all up to you. Your metabolism isn't "sleeping", that's impossible. You are expecting too much in too little time. Give it a month before you give up. If you give up before that, don't bother bitching about how "nothing works" and you "just won't lose weight, you don't know why".. You know why.

Calories in vs calories out. Eat right, get moving. It's that simple.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Ah metabolism... the most overrated excuse of them all.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    1) to the person saying "you're gaining muscle." NO, she is not. If she's eating at a deficit, it is darn near impossible to gain muscle and lose fat. Gaining muscle, especially as a woman, is really hard even with lots of food and heavy lifting. Water retention is possible if working out is something new to her routine.

2) you need to use as accurate as possible entries in your diary. I know you said you're Greek and MFP doesn't have Greek food, but they do have the ingredients used in Greek food. If you have to, input the ingredients as your "meal" and let it figure out your calories and macros. If the ingredients aren't already in MFP, you can enter them based on the label. Plus, if you're just guessing how many calories you're eating by other websites, you may be overeating. Just because it is a standard dish, doesn't mean it is exactly equal to the nutritional info you may find online.

3) Weigh all your solids and measure all your liquids, without fail.
  • GogoDri
    GogoDri Posts: 32
    Options
    From today I will enter food to my diary, you can check it and tell me what you think. Thank you everyone, sorry for being such a pain in the *kitten*, I'm impatient I know...
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    GogoDri wrote: »

I am trying to lose 1kilo per week, I eat 1200 calories per day. Exercising about 30 mins a day and 3 hours per week go to tennis. First week I ate back my exercise calories, now I have stopped that and I eat just half or less of them.
    I am impatient and unrealistic you are right. I am impatient as a person in general.
    I just want to know If counting calories will work for me otherwise choose another type of diet (I have tried Dukan diet and I lost 5 kilos while on it) , I don't want to waste my time as I am getting married in 2015 and I have to lose the extra weight to be the bride I want to be :neutral_face:

If you do crash diets, or elimination diets, you are going to gain everything right back. Do you want that? Learn to do it the right way, with an eating plan that you can sustain forever, so you don't get fat again. The quick fix impatient plans are not going to teach you anything and will just cause you to yo-yo with your weight throughout your life.

• extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    You are being unrealistic and impatient. Read the forums and stickeys.

Get people to look at your diary. Your calorie counting has to be an accurate reflection. the biggest question/ moan MFP posters have tends to be about why they arent losing weight and the most popular answer is that their calorie counting is innacurate and lax. They are still consuming more calories than they think.

Your body will catch up assuming you are eating at a deficit. The success stories have things in common. They ate at a deficit and they kept going. If you havent changed in a month then reassess.

How much are you trying to lose per week?
    How much is your deficit?
    How many calories are you eating?
    Are you eating back exercise calories?

I am trying to lose 1kilo per week, I eat 1200 calories per day. Exercising about 30 mins a day and 3 hours per week go to tennis. First week I ate back my exercise calories, now I have stopped that and I eat just half or less of them.
    I am impatient and unrealistic you are right. I am impatient as a person in general.
    I just want to know If counting calories will work for me otherwise choose another type of diet (I have tried Dukan diet and I lost 5 kilos while on it) , I don't want to waste my time as I am getting married in 2015 and I have to lose the extra weight to be the bride I want to be :neutral_face:

Don't worry, counting calories works for everyone, but you have to count accurately. That's how all "diets" work - if you lost 5 kilos with that other diet it is because you created a calorie deficit following it whether you realized it or not. Hopefully you want to keep it off after your goal wedding date though, and that's where many named diet plans fail. You get tired of following whatever prescribed plan it is and eventually go back to your normal habits. Counting calories is a good way to learn how much of whatever food you like to eat normally you can have and still lose, or maintain a healthy weight.

Also I'm pretty surprised there aren't greek foods in the database. Have you tried the barcode scanner on the app? I scanned a a piece of Taiwanese candy someone brought into the office the other day and even that showed up, Chinese characters and everything. Was pretty badass looking in my diary. :)
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Weight loss takes time. Be patient. Stressing about your weight doesn't help.

Eat healthy, move a lot more - Calories in v's calories out. Give it more time!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    11 days really isn't anything! I've gained 3lbs overnight once and it took 12 days just to get back to normal. Our bodies are stubborn, and our brains are even more stubborn! Keep going!

And even if the greek meal itself isn't in MFP, I guarantee that the ingredients are! So you could search by ingredient, and start off by eyeballing how much you think they weighed or how many cups there were. Multiply your estimate by 1.5 as it is guaranteed to be an underestimation. Then add a couple of tablespoons of oil for good measure. In a perfect scenario, each ingredient would be weighed/measured before cooking, but if you're not preparing the foods yourself then it can be difficult.

If it is prepackaged, then definitely scan the barcode. I have scanned weird foods imported from Vietnam and they have come up :) and I imagine Greeks use MFP too!
  • troutrouter
    Options
    From today I will enter food to my diary, you can check it and tell me what you think. Thank you everyone, sorry for being such a pain in the *kitten*, I'm impatient I know...

You are not a pain in the *kitten*. You are just frustrated. Keep up the good work. I've had weeks where nothing seemed to work but stuck to my plan and I eventually began to lose again. Don't give up the race because of a few bad laps.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    I know that is seems hard. are you exercising too? when you exercise you lose fat and gain muscule which wieghs more than fat. Also try to space your meals evenly and dinner should be at least 2 hours before bed. also dring 16 oz of water before breakfast it gives you a fuller feeling and gives your body a good head start. another tip i useto use was have a 100 cal. snack between meals this helps keep your matabolizim going.. you have to let your body know you are not straving so it does not have to store fat! I used all of these tips 2 years ago and lost 20 LBs in 3 months. Hope this helps you and dont give up!!!!!

This is pretty much bunk.

-When in a calorie deficit, it is very difficult (like, borderline impossible for the majority of people) to gain muscle. Which incidentally DOES NOT WEIGH MORE THAN FAT. 1 pound weighs 1 pound weighs 1 pound. It's just that 1 pound of muscle takes up way less space than 1 pound of fat.
    A pound of muscle weighs the same as a pound of fat, but 2 cups of muscle would weigh more than two cups of fat.

You cannot determine weight by using it. A pound of anything, when weighed out, will equal a pound of anything else. That doesn't mean that everything on the planet weighs the same amount, You have to take take similar quantities of the two things and then see what the scale says. :)

If you took similar quantities of muscle and fat and weighed each, you'd find that muscle does, indeed, weigh more than fat.

It is unlikely that muscle is to blame for people's lack of weight loss. They didn't gain that much muscle that quickly while losing fat. The whole, "Muscle weighs more than fat, so you probably lost fat and gained muscle!" thing is repeated a lot, but it isn't true. There is some other reason for the person not registering a loss on the scale.