My favourite snack at the moment...

Options
...is 100g Onken wholegrain peach yoghurt plus 20g Three Seed Mix (from Morrisons) - 230 cal but soooo yummy and there are probably lower cal yoghurts.

What is your favourite snack, I need some ideas :)

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    I know it's crazy, but my favorite snack is a lemon sliced and sprinkled with Morton's Salt Substitute (no sodium, but tastes like salt).
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I know it's crazy, but my favorite snack is a lemon sliced and sprinkled with Morton's Salt Substitute (no sodium, but tastes like salt).

A friendly word of advice: be sure to brush your teeth right after you eat your lemon! The acid in it can erode enamel pretty quickly!

My favorite snack is strawberry Jell-O with a little bit of cool whip on top. Can't beat it for less than 30 calories!!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I think we're cut from the same cloth! I haven't had one for a while but I really love a lowfat yogurt with a big spoonful of milled flaxseed or wholegrain oats mixed in. It really sticks to my ribs well for just the few calories it costs.
  • Clew
    Options
    Hey, speaking of cool whip, I used to make these all the time and they are awesome when you're really wanting a sweet treat.

Take a chocolate graham cracker and break it in half (so you have 2 squares)
    Put about 2 tb of cool whip in the middle and make a sandwich out of it.
    Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.

Tastes just like an ice cream sandwich - really helps curb the sweet tooth and is only 85 calories if you use FF cool whip.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    frozen grapes make a great snack on a hot day.
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    ohh you have just reminded me of a snack i havent had in ages but was always great! - a chopped up kiwi fruit topped with activia kiwi fiber yogurt mixed with oats or granola... mmm :)
  • Clew
    Options
    ohh you have just reminded me of a snack i havent had in ages but was always great! - a chopped up kiwi fruit topped with activia kiwi fiber yogurt mixed with oats or granola... mmm :)

Mmm, that sounds awesome! ~ *writes kiwis on grocery list*
  • laurabombora
    Options

This sounds great! But what is a chocolate graham cracker? And cool whip?? hehe.

I also sometimes put a yoghurt in the freezer for about 45 minutes so it freezes a little but not hard as rock. Specially great with for example vanilla and choc flec yoghurt (Muller do one).
  • laurabombora
    Options

This doesn't appeal to me but hey... what ever works for you!! It hardly even counts as a snack really!
  • jmathews
    jmathews Posts: 196
    Options
    Hey, speaking of cool whip, I used to make these all the time and they are awesome when you're really wanting a sweet treat.

Tastes just like an ice cream sandwich - really helps curb the sweet tooth and is only 85 calories if you use FF cool whip.

I just heard about that cool whip/graham cracker treat the other day from a friend, definitely going to try it.
    I think my boys will love it too!