TECHNICAL QUESTION:

Options
Previously, I had bumped my cals up from 1,800 to 1,900 last week and went from losing 1.9 lbs/wk to 1.0 lbs/wk. So, I went back down to 1,800 this past Monday. I'm still running at 1.1 lbs/wk. I have looked at BMR & TDEE calcs on several sites and they are all pretty in line with the following: Mifflin-St Jeor BMR 2,100 / TDEE 2,900 Harris-Benedict BMR 2,300 / TDEE 3,100 Katch-McCardle BMR 2,000 / TDEE 2,700 So, having all of this in mind, I am contemplating a bump in daily caloric intake up to 2,100. I'm interested in hearing the thoughts of those who have already been down this road.

Replies

• ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    It takes more than 1 week to see the true results of any diet change. Give yourself 4-6weeks and evaluate from there.

From personal experience I was eating1800 a day and losing .5 a week. I moved to maintain and heals steady at 2000 a day. I went to bulk and upped my cals to 2300 and began to lose .5 a week again. I am now bulking at 26-2700 and am gaining ~.5 a week.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're little bitty and I'm a big ol' fat guy. I'd say I'm definitely under-eating. LOL! Thanks
  • rileyjc115
    rileyjc115 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    there are lost of calorie calulators out there that you enter your wieght sex and hieght with a goal wieght and date and it tells your your calorie intake. 1800 is low for a male, men have more muscule by nature. I would check a few to see. and don't forget that every one will hit a flat line at one point but it is better to exercise more than to cut calories. exerciseing helps build mucsule and pulls everything together. if your under eating your body will try to hold on to fat because it thinks your straving. the body has a seft defense system, we have to remind it we are ok and more food will be coming.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I would stick with 1900 cal/day for 2 more weeks. When you change your calories and macros around, your body takes some time to adjust. When I change my nutritional goals, I only make adjustments every 2-3 weeks to see how my body is really reacting to the changes.
    Allan
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Give it more time. Also recognize the change was only 100 cals which can most definitely be undone by simple calorie tracking errors (who isn't off by a few cals here and there?).