How much coffee do you drink?

Options
I love my coffee. I usually have it with a tub of coffee mate vanilla creamer (25 calories). I could have up to three cups a day, maybe 4. Is that too much to be drinking? I'm not concerned about the calories, just about having that much coffee.

Replies

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I would generally have 5-6 cups a day. Have mine with lowfat milk. Its more habit than anything else,
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I usually drink 24-36oz of coffee with creamer and sugar daily.

29509743.png
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I drink two large cups of coffee every day. I love my coffee <3
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    never enough.

really- it's just never enough.

I drink probably 30-40 oz a day easily.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    3-4 24oz coffees, black no sugar, daily for me! :wink:
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I also love my coffee, and this reminds me of a poster I saw once-"Drink coffee- do stupid things faster and with more energy!" :p
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I drink about 5 cups a day...I love my Keurig,

- 2 in the am, at work, creamer + splenda

- 1 black pre-workout

-2 cups (one big glass) of iced coffee with almond milk and a few flavor shots + Splenda.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    I also love my coffee, and this reminds me of a poster I saw once-"Drink coffee- do stupid things faster and with more energy!" :p

Haha, love that quote!

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    <3
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    This cup is still to small!! Don't you think?! :D
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have a cup every morning during the school year, but don't really have any issues putting it down once school's out.
  • DiamondDiva914
    DiamondDiva914 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have two to three cups with sugar and creamer at work, Monday through Friday; I rarely have it at home on the weekends. I'm thinking of cutting it out for good and switching to green tea with honey, and maybe some lemon juice.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    When did coffee become the devil? I'm seeing too many of these posts lately where people are afraid of coffee as if it were some kind of demon or something.

I have a cup in the morning and then my travel mug full on the commute to work. Sometimes a cup in the afternoon. Even as someone with hypertension, I don't drink enough coffee to warrant worrying about it. I guess maybe if I drank coffee all day long that might be an issue...but I can't see how a few cups of coffee is going to be of determent to anyone.

Coffee actually has several health benefits and is rich in antioxidants. I think the bigger issue with coffee for most people is all the other *kitten* they put in it.
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I have four cups of coffee (black) at home before heading to work, and usually another two cups at work.

And, to clarify, I'm talking about the "cups" as measured on the side of the carafe. Two "cups" will fill up my coffee mug. I think there's always some confusion in these types of discussions, because some people use the word "cup" to mean 'the receptacle from which I drink my coffee,' while others use it to mean 'a unit of liquid measure equal to 8 fluid ounces.'
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    digginDeep wrote: »
    I figure the caffeine speeds your heart up, which makes you burn more calories at rest.

lol what?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    16oz of espresso a day, typically, in the form of an Americano. Sometimes more, sometimes coffee instead of espresso.
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    16oz of espresso a day, typically, in the form of an Americano. Sometimes more, sometimes coffee instead of espresso.

Wow, that's a lot of espresso! What's the Americano form?
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Tiamo719 wrote: »

Wow, that's a lot of espresso! What's the Americano form?
    Americano means they add hot water to the espresso, so that it approximates a coffee's intensity, rather than the espresso's.

Alternately, if they ran more water through the espresso machine and over the beans, it would be a 'Lungo."
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Mayo clinic says up to 400 mg is okay for most adults. That's about 4 cups of brewed coffee.