Sharing My Fitness Pal Recipes

Options
SusanDugas
SusanDugas Posts: 30 Member
I am sure others have created blogs as a way to share the recipes in their own diaries, just as I have done. I have 5 pages of listed recipes to try out, some have worked and some have flopped. The best of these end up in the recipe blog, tagged MyFitnessPal. Here is a link so you all can gain new inspiration:
http://foodartcreation.wordpress.com/category/myfitnesspal/
The Art of Food - I have included the stats as indicated from My Fitness Pal for those specific to this group.

I would welcome seeing those developed by others, as well.

Replies

• nscarebear
    nscarebear Posts: 29
    Options
    bump
  • eulenpiep
    eulenpiep Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I try to share a recipe it just keeps asking for a subcategory. I cannot find a field for that, an so cannot enter it. That is just bad programming or very bad explanation here.

Moreover, whe I try to save and it doesn't work, MFP keeps loosing the entries for what cuisine it is and how to cook it.
    That it definitely something that could be improved here.
    I just gave up on sharing recipes.
  • masoncamarda
    masoncamarda Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to MFP, and my wife just started. I want to be able to put the recipes that I make and put into MFP with creating a recipe in her account as well. Is there a way for me to share my recipes with her account so we can both count the meal? If so how? Thanks
  • katelynal
    katelynal Posts: 114
    Options
    I am sure others have created blogs as a way to share the recipes in their own diaries, just as I have done. I have 5 pages of listed recipes to try out, some have worked and some have flopped. The best of these end up in the recipe blog, tagged MyFitnessPal. Here is a link so you all can gain new inspiration:
    http://foodartcreation.wordpress.com/category/myfitnesspal/
    The Art of Food - I have included the stats as indicated from My Fitness Pal for those specific to this group.

I would welcome seeing those developed by others, as well.

Thanks for sharing this - I have only barely breezed through a bit, but I like the look of the Colorful Cashew Chicken!
  • SusanDugas
    SusanDugas Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was frustrated by not being able to share my recipes on MFP, too... but the blog allows me to do so AND I get to add pictures - which are worth more than words since many of us eat with our eyes first!. I have entered the ingredients list on MFP to get the correct counts, then just write out the instructions in the blog. I started the blog prior to joining MFP, but it is now being converted into all recipes with the correct macros, calories, etc.

I know there is a way to share the meals on MFP, provided you have friended the other person. Apparently you can then copy the meal over to their log. I have never tried to do so, only read about it, so perhaps someone with more knowledge of how that works can help you out.

Katelyn, the Cashew Chicken was delicious, but I must admit my all time favorite so far has been the reduced fat and calorie Amish Cheesecake. I cannot tell the difference from the higher fat/calorie one and have served it at a pot luck, made one for a friend's birthday cake and shared one with a group of friends. I set it up with the ingredients list and thus, those that are gluten free, diabetic, vegetarian, etc. can easily tell if it is suitable for them. Oddly enough, not one of the special diet people have turned it down yet! It would not do for a vegan, though. I love cheese too much to even consider converting!
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing will check out :)