need help logging correctly

Ok guys, Not sure how to count tomorrows workout. I'm going duck hunting in the AM. I'm waking up at 4 and will be there by 5:45-6. I will be walking in and packing decoys, gun and bag. Then I will be sitting out hunting in the cold weather for a couple hours i imagine. My dog will do the retrieving so i won't have too. Then after we are done I will pack all it pack along with the ducks i take. Any idea on how to add those to excercise???

Replies

• Try to estimate the distance & pace walked?

That's a tough one.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    I would say, don't log it and count the extra movement as a bonus. Have fun!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member

THIS!
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member

This is the best advice :)

• redwoodkestrel
    redwoodkestrel Posts: 339 Member
    If you want to count it, you could log it as hiking - there are options for if it was mostly uphill, and also how heavy a load you were carrying. I'd only count log the time you were actually walking to and from though. Sitting and hunting probably doesn't burn much, no need to log that.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Just add it as walking 1h30m in and maybe you are walking back? I wouldnt count any of the stuff inbetween unless it involves significant movement. Which is more or less what sushi said. Up to you whether you eat back but apply the 50% rule.
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Maybe use this one, that is already in the database under cardio: Walking, carrying infant or 15-lb load
  • lavenderlabs
    lavenderlabs Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks guys. I don't normally eat much of my calories back. So I guess its not that big of a deal. It was just more less of a personal thing. Just seeing how many Calories I burned was a neat thing to see. Your right klkarlen, I will put it down as that. Thanks guys
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    The sitting around all day isn't going to count for anything. If you know how far you're walking in and out you could log the walk but, personally, I'd just not log it at all.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    If you are taking your cell phone (I know I know) download an app like mapmywalk that uses gps...it will give you the distance and speed of your walk...if you are walking out log that on mapmywalk then the walk back. Or get a cheap pedometer.