How to plan for a pizza party?!

Options
Hi folks,

I've been invited to a party tomorrow that I intend to go to (so just not going isn't a valid option here).

It's a pizza party! The host is making made-to-order authentic style Napolean thin crust pizzas. He's making the dough and the sauce, and using whole-milk mozz, plus whatever toppings we want.

Since the pizzas are so thin and traditionally only have a thin layer of sauce and cheese and sparse toppings, I'm not worried about going too far past my targets. But I have NO idea how to calculate it for my calorie and macro tracking.

Any suggestions on how to log it (preferably, find a way to pre-log) without insulting the host?

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    take an average about three "generic" pizza entries and find the one that is closest to that and log that one. At the end of the day it is just one night out of many...why stress out about it; is one day going to ruin your progress? Of course not. Go to the party, eat some pizza, have some beer and enjoy!

Few weeks back I was craving wings and beer and went ahead and had 20 hot wings and like four or six beers while watching college football game. Did I blow out my calories and macros? Yes. Did it ruin my progress? Hell no!
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    An average slice of ham and pineapple or pepperoni pizza is roughly 200 calories.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I'd search the data base for thin crust pizza, get an idea of how many calories are generally in them and then just do a quick add for the guestimated calories and add a note.

And enjoy -- the pizzas sound like they'll be delicious! :)
  • fitzman84
    fitzman84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ^^^ What they said above + eat a little less earlier in the day to save some macros... If you care that is.
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'd search the data base for thin crust pizza, get an idea of how many calories are generally in them and then just do a quick add for the guestimated calories and add a note.

And enjoy -- the pizzas sound like they'll be delicious! :)

This. I'm super looking forward to the pizzas! It will be the first meal I haven't cooked for myself in 13 days. Oy.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Just go eat the pizza, enjoy the party and move on. It's called life.

^^^^This x 1000
  • ElemenopeeZ
    ElemenopeeZ Posts: 21 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    How to plan for a pizza party: go to party, eat pizza, have a good time, do not gorge yourself, go home. Clean slate in the morning.
    Do not stress over pizza. Pick an entry for pizza, log it. Don't look back. Enjoy the party, THAT will ensure you don't offend.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I just had one today and I was worried, but I went in with a plan to only eat two slices and have a little tea. I prelogged it all and was able to stay on track. Just go in with a plan and enjoy yourself.
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Just go eat the pizza, enjoy the party and move on. It's called life.

Agreed. Enjoy your pizza now. Sounds like an awesome party! I'm jealous :)

• 7aneena
    7aneena Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Try searching for new york style pizza, or even better see if Lombardi's or Grimaldi is on the data base, what you are describing sounds similar to the pizza served at the 2 places I mentioned. Their slices are huge though
  • Tornadoes_R_Fun
    Options
    lol "Napolean" pizza. like others have said just enjoy it.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    mmmmm :p

Napoleon_Bonapartes.jpg
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    7aneena wrote: »
    Try searching for new york style pizza, or even better see if Lombardi's or Grimaldi is on the data base, what you are describing sounds similar to the pizza served at the 2 places I mentioned. Their slices are huge though

Great advice, thank you!