Replies

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    mckaytobe wrote: »
    McCloud33 wrote: »
    Nipple chaffing and monkey butt. :s

What's monkey butt??

Oh my god, That's what that is!? I thought I was dying or had The Clap or something!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    mckaytobe wrote: »

What's monkey butt??

keep running

84 degrees and 84% humidity will do that for sure along with making your chest strap rub a hole in your sternum. I quit wearing my HRM during the summer. It's not like I need feedback I know it's high even when I'm slow. *shrugs*
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    fleetzz wrote: »
    You try pushing two kids out of your groin and see whether you need the occasional potty break.

Yes.
    +10,000
  • fruitysky
    fruitysky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    MSeel1984 wrote: »
    Your poo waiting until you're on mile 5 before deciding "OH! It's time for you to go!"

^ THIS.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    People who don't have the common sense and courtesy to control their dogs and keep them on leashes.

To add to that.....invisible fences which provide you with a heart attack before you realize the dog is going to stop just short of the edge of the yard.

Not fun.
  • Butrovich
    Butrovich Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Whether to stop and aim the mace at the angry dog barking in front of you or to spray on the run and go for your Personal Best.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Butrovich wrote: »
    Whether to stop and aim the mace at the angry dog barking in front of you or to spray on the run and go for your Personal Best.
    Reminds me of a thread a couple of weeks ago that quickly devolved into a fight because the "my dog is my baby" people took offense to the notion of runners defending themselves against dogs. I hope this thread doesn't go to the dogs too.

• Linli_Anne
    Linli_Anne Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I've got a lovely discoloured nail right now...thought it was going to drop off but its a fighter. My kids call it my marble toe because of how it's swirly and coloured. My other running problems be motorists who don't look right before trying to turn right....right across the sidewalk/path where I'm trying to cross. I guess that's a pedestrian issue too
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    if you're anywhere near me, we are competing. i don't care if you're a marathon runner or a little old lady walking her dog, we are racing and i'm here to win.

mmmmm that and plantar fasciitis haunting me for the rest of my life.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i assume anyone going faster than i am isn't going as far.
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Keys are a problem, even if you have a key necklace. They just jangle and it's annoying. I don't have the peeing problem, even tough I've had a baby. (That problem occurs when I do burpees or jumping jacks ugh...)
    I run on the university campus, and it's supposed to be "pedestrian first" but let me tell you that is only a slogan!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options

LOL!!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    melduf wrote: »
    Keys are a problem, even if you have a key necklace. They just jangle and it's annoying. I don't have the peeing problem, even tough I've had a baby. (That problem occurs when I do burpees or jumping jacks ugh...)
    I run on the university campus, and it's supposed to be "pedestrian first" but let me tell you that is only a slogan!

Pedestrian first..... to die.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

51umimz6ksL.jpg

613HKWrHg3L._SX522_.jpg
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    JTick wrote: »
    Wondering if you have enough time to drop a squat and pee before the next car comes along.

Last Sunday I had a 10 mile run and went pee before I left the house. At about mile 2 I was like, "I kind of have to pee." At mile 3 all I could think about was water (drinking water, swimming pools, water falls etc) and using the bathroom. I had to stop at a Starbucks at mile 5 or I wouldn't have made it home. I drank my normal amount before hand and did not drink anything during the first 5 miles. Never had this issue before and hope it was a one time thing!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Reminds me of a thread a couple of weeks ago that quickly devolved into a fight because the "my dog is my baby" people took offense to the notion of runners defending themselves against dogs. I hope this thread doesn't go to the dogs too.

No one would raise a baby that way! Exposing your dog to danger by letting it 1) tear into traffic chasing me and 2) getting close enough to me where I am considering hurting it for self preservation (sorry, not my fault you decided not to invest the time and effort to train your dog properly, I feel bad for the dog because it has a bad owner) - that kind of love is possibly going to end with your dog injured or dead and the owner sued.

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    melduf wrote: »

I thought I was the only one with the jumping jacks. I won't even do them anymore.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    for those complaining about keys...

i made a separate set of keys specifically for running or cycling. my three house keys and bike lock key on one ring. no supermarket key tag-barcode things, no giant car keys, nothing.

these can fit comfortably in a zippered pocket on running pants or shorts, or a jacket, or in many little crevices on running clothing designed for holding keys. or buy a running belt with a zipper. perfect for carrying some cash, keys, and ID.
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    All of the above and the added pleasure of dumb butt (i didn't know that's what it was called until a friend sent me an article about it!)!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    JTick wrote: »
    Wondering if you have enough time to drop a squat and pee before the next car comes along.

Last Sunday I had a 10 mile run and went pee before I left the house. At about mile 2 I was like, "I kind of have to pee." At mile 3 all I could think about was water (drinking water, swimming pools, water falls etc) and using the bathroom. I had to stop at a Starbucks at mile 5 or I wouldn't have made it home. I drank my normal amount before hand and did not drink anything during the first 5 miles. Never had this issue before and hope it was a one time thing!

If you wear black running tights you can always claim sweat. It works.