Weight loss at a stand still

Options
I feel like Iv'e been killing myself, 1200 calorie diet and cardio 4x aweek, and my weight is at a stand still, what's going on?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you lost weight? What are your stats? We can't help you out without more information.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Also, can you open your diary?
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Need more info. How much weight do you have to lose? How certain are you of the accuracy of your calorie counts?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Well, it's tough to say without a lot of details.

If you're comfortable opening your diary, that can help us to spot what might be going on.

How long has it been since you last saw a drop on the scale? It's not uncommon to go a couple of weeks without a loss because of the natural water weight fluctuations we see. Sometimes the answer is just to be patient.

I assume that you're already logging everything you eat. Are you guesstimating any of your portion sizes? Eating out anywhere where you don't have control of the ingredients being included?

Are you sure you're choosing accurate entries in the database (a lot of entries, unfortunately, have been entered with wrong information)?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide

Personally, I lost most of my weight without ever using a food scale, but my logging is a lot easier and accurate now that I have one. If you're not using one, it might be worth looking into.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1290491/how-and-why-to-use-a-digital-food-scale

Are you having any cheat days? Or high sodium meals that might be causing you to retain water around your weigh in day?

Are you logging your exercise here and eating back any of the earned exercise calories that MFP adds to your goal? If so, what method are you using to estimate your burn? MFP and gym machines may overestimate certain activities. An HRM is better, but you still might want to eat back a smaller portion of those just in case.

I don't know how close to goal weight you are, but if you're relatively lean your weight loss might be slow and just masked by normal fluctuations on the scale. Is there a downward trend at all?