Feeling light headed, shaky, ect.

Options
I dunno if this is the right place to post about this but... Earlier today I started feeling light headed and off balance and now I'm shaky and my fingertips are numb/tingly. It could just be all in my head but I feel super weird. I'm hypoglycemic, not sure if that has much to do with it. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

Replies

• ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Nope.....but I would definitely check with a doctor.....are you on any meds? Do you take a multivitamin.....? Have you tried eating a banana? That may increase your blood sugar?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    You might either be dehydrated or not eating enough to support your metabolism. I tried netting around 1100 calories, but if I had a day I worked out a lot, I would feel like that.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You need to contact your physician, not the internet. You may be restricting your calories to much, so in the interim, eat some food.
  • cherith778
    Options
    Nope no meds, no vitamins. I don't feel sick, I just feel off. I did try some grapes, so we'll see if that helps I guess.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    cherith778 wrote: »
    Nope no meds, no vitamins. I don't feel sick, I just feel off. I did try some grapes, so we'll see if that helps I guess.
    Good! You still want to check with your doctor, you will get way too many people giving you advice.

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Hypoglycemic woul seem o be everything to do with it but your Dr should have told you about it. Heres the NHS page on symptoms and treatment. Sugar is what you need.

READ IT PLEASE
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Hypoglycaemia/Pages/Treatment.aspx

You need to keep an eye on this and always have something like some boiled sweets at hand.

You will prevent your blood sugars crashing if you eat more complex carbs which release energy slowly through the day rather than too mucch processed/refined food, which will give a boost and then dip.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    You should call the doctor.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    cherith778 wrote: »
    I dunno if this is the right place to post about this but... Earlier today I started feeling light headed and off balance and now I'm shaky and my fingertips are numb/tingly. It could just be all in my head but I feel super weird. I'm hypoglycemic, not sure if that has much to do with it. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this?

Seeking medical advise from a weight loss community chat board probably isn't the best idea. Talk to your doctor, or your parent/s.
  • cherith778
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Hypoglycemic woul seem o be everything to do with it but your Dr should have told you about it. Heres the NHS page on symptoms and treatment. Sugar is what you need.

READ IT PLEASE
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Hypoglycaemia/Pages/Treatment.aspx

You need to keep an eye on this and always have something like some boiled sweets at hand.

You will prevent your blood sugars crashing if you eat more complex carbs which release energy slowly through the day rather than too mucch processed/refined food, which will give a boost and then dip.

Thank you for the article :) I'll try the honey thing next time.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Call your doctor
    What are your calories set at??? You may not be eating enough
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    My thoughts are
    a) not eating enough calories for your weight and activity levels. How much are you eating, waht are your stats, are you eating net and thus logging and eating back exercise calories? Are you eating net but NOT eating back exercise calories (bad practice)?

b) not eating enough of or eating too much of a macronutrient for your specific physiology - I'm not too sure what a diet for hypoglycemia is, but if your diet is going against the recommendations then that could contribute easily
    -
    c) dehydration. I find that drinking caffeinated tea helps because it makes me want to drink more liquids in general. also helps with constipation and water retention for me!

d) could be entirely unrelated to you, but for me I sometimes get lightheaded and shaky based on my mood. I have struggled with depression most of my life though, and am about to talk to my doctor about going back on antidepressants, so for me it is likely a hormonal thing. I also struggle with anxiety. So if I'm having an anxiety attack I can feel as you described, along with hyperventilating and crying like crazy. But when I'm just feeling really depressed it can even affect my body. Earlier today I was feeling horrible, and my body actually felt really weak and I developed a headache.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It's what happens to me when my blood sugar gets low. I've found that most days I need to eat every 3-4 hours to avoid it.
  • 20LEgend20
    Options
    Happens to me if I haven't eaten in a while. Usually goes within quarter of an hour after eating something.