High cortisol - nothing working for weight loss. Help wanted.

Options
2»

Replies

• HappyGirlHeike
    HappyGirlHeike Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh dear! Have you researched Udo's Oil? The good omega fats help reduce inflammation and he suggests 1 table spoon per 50 pounds of body weight. No wheat or gluten as it is said to cause inflammation and you will know if it does for you when you are off wheat and gluten for a while, then eat them. If you see a weight gain, it is said to be an inflammation response. Best of luck!
  • HappyGirlHeike
    HappyGirlHeike Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great that you are taking Vit D3, what is you blood level for Vitamin D3? Are you in the normal zone?
  • eddieoak
    eddieoak Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Cycle carbs, cut back exercise, up calories!
  • staceys130
    staceys130 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've read that as little as two glasses of wine (8-10 oz) can raise cortisol levels. I first read about it in The Hormone Cure by Gottfried, and I did further research into actual medical studies to verify it. Perhaps try giving up the alcohol completely for a week or two and see if that makes a difference, if you haven't tried that in the past? While I'm sure it's not the root cause of your high cortisol levels, it may help enough to show up on the scale.

I struggle with cortisol and adrenal issues, and my body responds really well to lower carb and higher protein/higher fat eating. Keeping your calories the same but upping the fat percentage will not cause weight gain, I promise! Good luck and, I have to say, your commitment and dedication is really inspiring.