9 weeks to Christmas. who wants to get into shape.

Options
I want to try and lose 10 pounds for Christmas.

I'm giving up booze for 4 weeks, cheese and crisps. they are my nemesis.
I'm going to the gym every night to work out between 1-2 hours.
I walk my dog every day for 1 hour too.

I will log my progress every week here! WHO WANTS TO JOIN IN? HOW MUCH WEIGHT WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOSE FOR CHRISTMAS.

Replies

• JoshuaTreeLily
    JoshuaTreeLily Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me too! But I'm shooting for 19 lbs more than you! You should be able to easily reach your goal. I'm hoping I can too. Good luck!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope everyone accomplishes their goals. I would like to lose 15 - 20 lbs for Christmas. Good luck everyone! ;)
  • haleigh29
    haleigh29 Posts: 70 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I have 10 lbs to lose to be at my goal weight. I am in!!!!
    Not sure how to get back to this topic now that the formatting of the site has changed.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm also hoping to lose 10 lbs by crimbo! Just doing exactly what I have been doing for the last nearly 7 weeks and hope I see the same results. :-)
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You scared me for a moment with the 9 weeks... it's actually just under 11 weeks. :smiley:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    I'm not really trying to lose weight...it may be a pleasant side effect. I'm planning to do a half marathon by the end of winter. So maybe a 10 mile by Christmas?
  • Luciiisekk
    Luciiisekk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi girls. I´ve got about 8kg to lose before Christmas I´m in :)
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose at least 10 pounds by the time I go home (currently at uni) on the 16th of December, in order to get to my halfway mark of 35 pounds lost ^-^ then maybe lose another pound by Christmas eve. Then I'll be eating whatever I want for a few days and probably gain that pound back with a couple of friends but it's so worth it!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    We all want to "get into shape"... that's why we're here, right?
    I want to try and lose 10 pounds for Christmas.
    Not quite 11 weeks. Are you heavy enough that losing 1 lb a week is a reasonable & healthy goal? (Somewhere over about 40 lb overweight?)
    I'm giving up booze for 4 weeks, cheese and crisps. they are my nemesis.
    Reasonable, though I wouldn't make any food forbidden because that gives it power. Just promise yourself that you're only going to have one serving, and stick to that.
    I'm going to the gym every night to work out between 1-2 hours.
    If you haven't been doing this all along, jumping into doing so much isn't a reasonable goal.
    Most days, I am at the gym, working out, for 45-90 min, depending on if it's a weightlifting day (25-40 min) & how long I'm on the elliptical (30-75 min), but I've been at this for months & worked up to it.
    I walk my dog every day for 1 hour too.
    :smile: And s/he appreciates it, I'm sure.
    HOW MUCH WEIGHT WOULD YOU LIKE TO LOSE FOR CHRISTMAS?
    In 11 weeks, going by my past success, I can reasonably expect to lose 16 lb.
    This morning I was at 217.4, so that would also put me on track to be entering onederland by New Year's.
    That's my next goal, after 215.3 - that puts me 60 lb down.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Just log your food at a deficit and dont eat back the exercise calories. 10 by Christmas should be easy.
  • tilly8787
    tilly8787 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Would love to lose 10 pounds by Christmas but that may be unrealistic, so I'd be happy with any progress :)
  • BasicBling
    BasicBling Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I want to lose 10 pounds by Christmas. I need to eat to fuel my metabolism, and continue to workout daily. Been on a nasty plateau, but will break that glacier that is impeding my total goal of 45 lbs!!!!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Me! I'd really like to lose 5-6.
  • Frankiigii
    Frankiigii Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm going to aim for 20 pounds lost. I'll be happy if I can get 10 though. I'm just adding sprints to my health routine.
  • Frankiigii
    Frankiigii Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    haleigh29 wrote: »
    I have 10 lbs to lose to be at my goal weight. I am in!!!!
    Not sure how to get back to this topic now that the formatting of the site has changed.

There's a little star up by the OP near the right hand side. Click that and you'll add this thread to your favorites.
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    10 lb lost by Xmas sounds ideal. I'm in!
  • DottieBishop
    Options
    I'm in. I want to try to drop 11lbs (5 kgs) by Christmas. I am going to try to stay away from wine, which is my downfall. Any ideas on dealing with stress other than drinking will be welcomed. I do exercise regularly and have lost 4kgs this year... just need to stay focused. :)
  • darrelbren
    Options
    I am in trying to go back to walking and zumba to help me out
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in, too. I love the idea of aiming for a weight loss by Christmas because Thanksgiving is when I usually start my slide into "Oh well, I'll just wait until the new year to start again." That hasn't worked so well! My ultimate goal is to lose about 50 pounds, but I would like to lose 12 pounds by Christmas. I'm on my 3rd week of working out again, and on my 12th day of logging my food. I think I'm finally getting that logging everything is important! I want to stay accountable and stick with it through what is usually a difficult season. My non-weight goal is to make a healthy lifestyle as pleasurable as possible so that I don't want to "get off my diet" and just go back to eating whatever and working out only when the mood strikes! Every long-term success story I have seen here involves people who keep tracking and exercise regularly well after they have gotten to their goal and although I'd love to lose 12 pounds by Christmas, what I'd really like is long-term success!
  • hayleyjane127
    Options
    Christmas is in 10.5 weeks just sayin'