New to MyFittnessPal

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Nick and I am new to MyFitnessPal but an old friend of junk food and alcohol. I have been steadily gaining weight over the last few years, until this year when I gained rapidly and lost the little self confidence I actually had!

I have tried to lose weight often in the past with occasional success, but maintaining my motivation to continue working is where I fail every time (and subsequently gain all the weight back and more). I've finally decided to make a real effort to lose weight, booked myself in for a consultation at my local gym first thing tomorrow morning and am trying to find ways to stay motivated, which is what brought me to MyFitnessPal.

I thought that getting involved in an online community could be a great way to stay motivated. I would love to meet new people whether it's just to chat or to help motivate and inspire each other towards our goals, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

If you have any suggestions for how I can make the most of MyFitnessPal and my return to fitness in general. Please let me know. :smiley:

Replies

• LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Welcome here. MFP just changed the look of the forums dept. and everyone is still getting used to that, Most people will tell you as far as your diet is concerned, use the diary every day, log your food intake, don't do anything drastic, and aim for a moderate rate of weight loss. My only expertise is in using the diary and database, so if you ever have any questions about that, feel free to ask me.Wishing you great success.
  • xixshaiyaxix
    xixshaiyaxix Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    welcome
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Hi fellow Aussie! I'm from Queensland. Add me if you like. I'll help as much as I can, just ask. Been here two years now.