ever had a cheat day? how much calories did you eat?

Options

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    joshpass wrote: »
    I do "cheat" days. i try to stay as clean as possible most of the time but probably once a month or so, there is some type of holiday or event that I let myself go all out. i can no problem knock out 25,000 to 50,000 calories in one day. I don't do little "treats" all the time because once I eat a treat, I usually very difficult for me to stop so I have to keep myself under control usually by not having treats unless it's that special occasion.

25 THOUSAND to 50 THOUSAND? Did I read this correctly?
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    my "cheat days" usually consist of less healthy choices and going to about 2500 cals max. Nothing terrible really. I do it once a week or fortnight
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Pro.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Pro.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I know we all do this differently but for me I don't "cheat" as cheating isn't in my worldview. My view i that I am doing this for the rest of my life not until I get to my goal. There is nothing to cheat from i you know what I mean. I just apply a deficit as often as I feel I can and my weight reduces when I do. If I eat too much my weight goes up a bit but it comes back off when I am in deficit again :-)
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Like many here I don't call them "cheat" days, more like "treat" or "splurge" days. I absolutely have them - about once a week where I log everything but let myself go over some, about once a month where I don't bother logging the calories at all (like a huge party or buffet or something). My worst day this year, calorie-wise, was close to 4,000 calories (last month actually) and it made me feel sick for quite a while. I probably used to eat that many all the time! These days I try to stick between about 1,500 and 2,000.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Wow, there are some professional grade eaters here. 25,000 cals? I've got to figure there were some serious liquid calories in there! :drinker:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I do "cheat" days. i try to stay as clean as possible most of the time but probably once a month or so, there is some type of holiday or event that I let myself go all out. i can no problem knock out 25,000 to 50,000 calories in one day. I don't do little "treats" all the time because once I eat a treat, I usually very difficult for me to stop so I have to keep myself under control usually by not having treats unless it's that special occasion.

25 THOUSAND to 50 THOUSAND? Did I read this correctly?

LOl I thought the same thing ..that is like two weeks of food in one day????????
  • ndj1979
    Options
    OP - I do not do "cheat" days…I have days that I eat what I want and try to fit it into my daily macro and calorie allowance. If I go over it is no big deal, but I do not consider it a "cheat" day. I guess the only issue with cheat days, for beginners, is that it is easy to fall back into old habits. You say that you had a 5000 calorie cheat day and are going to follow it up with another 5000 calories day; why do you need two back to back 5000 calories days? I would think one 5000 calorie day every few months would be enough ….
  • jennifurballs
    jennifurballs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I think whether or not people have cheat days/meals depends on their relationship with food. I haven't had a cheat day and don't expect to have one. On October 4th, I ate pizza and birthday cake at my son's party. That lunch was just over 1,000 calories, but I only went over my daily allowance by 3 calories, before even deducting exercise calories. But I agonized over what I would eat that day, then ate more than I had planned, felt way too full, then stressed over how it would affect my week. All that stress wasn't worth a little pizza and cake. But that's just how I roll.
  • jke78
    jke78 Posts: 59 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't have cheat days... I suffer through it for the most part, but..... My ex is an evil mastermind(seriously). He was supposed to drive 50 miles here and pick up one of the kids to stay the night with him. Instead he passed up my house, drove an additional 20 miles(round trip) to go get Pizza Hut food. Then he came over. I ended up eating 3 of those square pieces of pepperoni and mushroom. I should feel guilty, mostly I feel full >:)

But wow, it puts me at 1600 for the day. I kinda feel like I should go whole hog(pun intended) and get an ice cream sandwich.....

Seriously though I've been working hard and I deserved it, I'll just consider it my first cheat day o:)
  • dearannna
    dearannna Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey, congratulations on what you've achieved over the past year. I would say that, physically, eating a massive amount of calories on one or two days in a year will do about as much harm to weight loss as the amount of good that 2 days of healthy eating would do in a year of burgers and chocolate. Psychologically I have to be really careful about doing that because one day tends to turn into two (for lulz?) and three and four and so on....
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I have had around 10k calories before, but that does not really count as I was suffering bulimia at the time so it was not all retained.

In terms of a day where I allow myself more of the less healthy foods, I can generally hit about 4k before I get uncomfortably full.
  • joshpass
    joshpass Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    yes THOUSAND. if you eat a bunch of high calorie food, it's easy...at least for me. this is why I count calories so I keep it within a normal range.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    yes THOUSAND. if you eat a bunch of high calorie food, it's easy...at least for me. this is why I count calories so I keep it within a normal range.

I am amazed you have not done permanent damage to your digestive system, actually, if you have been consuming this much on any single day.

Also, MrM27, I thought you hit 25k once?
    If serious, what did you eat to hit that?

• ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Like others, I don't view eating as cheating, just making poor choices. My brother in law and his wife came visiting, we knew we were eating out a lot, including some corporate hospitality at a sporting event. Two days, 9,400 calories, if you want to see what that looked like, it's in my diary 20/21 September. I know weekends like that will happen, it is how frequent and my reaction to them that counts. It set my weightloss back a week. So what. I tend to look at weekly trends to see what control looks like, it has got me 38kg lost in 8 months. Works for me. Have fun and have a healthy relationship with food, it is a fuel and tastes good.
  • ndj1979
    Options

so you packed a weeks worth of food into one day…?
  • segovm
    segovm Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    25,000 calories is only like 50 doughnuts. I could go all in on a doughnut only day. 3 doughnuts an hour for 18 hours. Probably less than that, I like my doughnuts dipped in some whole milk....

I think I am going to go get some doughnuts now.