drastic change what will happen

Options
i'm changing my diet drastically from eating alot, and eating crap to eating a clean very healthy diet today
how much weight am i excepted to lose if i stick to it
i'm only eating fruit, beans, vegatables, oatmeal and soy.
i am only drinking tea like green tea and WATER
i am starting today soooo wish me luck haha

Replies

• amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    good luck!!!!!!! :)
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on your size, exercise amount, etc...I lost 10 lbs in a week after stopping eating a TON (recently stopped smoking and was gorging myself on foods..ugh) and working out NONE..now I workout at least an hour a day (mostly cardio, a little weights/calisthenics) and I eat very clean, with the occasional whipped cream or bite of chocolate (I am a female with a RAGING sweet tooth after all)...and I have one coke a day (8ish oz) when I was easily drinking 1/2-1 2 liter a day before.
    I am certain I will not continue to lose at that rate, it was a lot of water, I'm sure, as well as finally eating a 'normal' amount of healthy foods.

I definitely wouldn't bank on losing a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time, but I can promise you that *IF* you can stick to a clean diet and moderate exercise, you WILL see changes
    ***Don't lock yourself into a diet you don't think you'll be able to comfortably do...because you'll end up binging on whatever you're missing...and a whole cheesecake might derail your plans..just sayin)
  • Garlicmash
    Garlicmash Posts: 208
    Options
    sweet potatoes may help control the sweet tooth...hopefully,tends to help for me.
    I think you will find If you do it properly,stick to it and get the combinations right you will loose,how much is hard to say but you will feel clean and ,healthy and full of energy after a while .
    Once those toxins have left you're body you will feel great.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Nobody can tell you how much weight you will lose just from switching to healthy foods.
    If you eat your TDEE - 20% you should lose 1lb per week. That's still an estimate but it's the only way anyone could tell you what to expect.

Good luck.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good luck, but sounds a little overzealous. Sustained change will bring results.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    i'm changing my diet drastically from eating alot, and eating crap to eating a clean very healthy diet today
    how much weight am i excepted to lose if i stick to it
    i'm only eating fruit, beans, vegatables, oatmeal and soy.
    i am only drinking tea like green tea and WATER
    i am starting today soooo wish me luck haha
    Drastic changes usually end up in short term weight loss. Why? Because it was drastic. Reassess on whether or not you can eat that way the rest of your life. If not, then weight regain will be certainly inevitable.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • louisemichele
    louisemichele Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well, it depends on your size, exercise amount, etc...I lost 10 lbs in a week after stopping eating a TON (recently stopped smoking and was gorging myself on foods..ugh) and working out NONE..now I workout at least an hour a day (mostly cardio, a little weights/calisthenics) and I eat very clean, with the occasional whipped cream or bite of chocolate (I am a female with a RAGING sweet tooth after all)...and I have one coke a day (8ish oz) when I was easily drinking 1/2-1 2 liter a day before.
    I am certain I will not continue to lose at that rate, it was a lot of water, I'm sure, as well as finally eating a 'normal' amount of healthy foods.

I definitely wouldn't bank on losing a certain amount of weight in a certain amount of time, but I can promise you that *IF* you can stick to a clean diet and moderate exercise, you WILL see changes
    ***Don't lock yourself into a diet you don't think you'll be able to comfortably do...because you'll end up binging on whatever you're missing...and a whole cheesecake might derail your plans..just sayin)
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Really depends on your calorie deficit. For each 500 calories less than you burn per day you drop approximately one pound. There are variations that have mostly to do with accuracy. Eating clean provides a better mix of nutrition (so your body functions better) but really has little to do with weight loss (except dropping sodas and salts may help lower water retention)...
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Drastic changes usually end up in short term weight loss. Why? Because it was drastic. Reassess on whether or not you can eat that way the rest of your life. If not, then weight regain will be certainly inevitable.
    ^This.
    Really depends on your calorie deficit. For each 500 calories less than you burn per day you drop approximately one pound. There are variations that have mostly to do with accuracy. Eating clean provides a better mix of nutrition (so your body functions better) but really has little to do with weight loss (except dropping sodas and salts may help lower water retention)...
    ^ And this.

Why go so radical? Why be so restrictive? It's absolutely not necessary to do so to have success in losing weight. How long can you really sustain eating only fruit, beans, vegetables, oatmeal and soy? That sounds like a miserable diet. There's nothing wrong with eating a wide variety of foods that you enjoy. I lost 85 lbs (and have maintained it for 6 months) by eating lots of different foods, including cheese, chocolate, bacon, bread, pasta, potatoes, all as part of a well balanced diet.

There's nothing wrong with moving to a more whole-foods based diet, or reducing the amounts of processed foods you eat. It's a matter of personal preference. You don't have to eat cheese and chocolate if you don't want to. Honestly though, cutting nearly every food out of your diet is a recipe for disaster. Also, it's totally possible to gain weight eating just those foods, if you eat too much of them.

I wish you luck, but if this doesn't work, it might be worth considering a more relaxed, flexible approach.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    sounds like a deficient diet to me. Where is the fat? Why no meat?
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    sounds like a deficient diet to me. Where is the fat? Why no meat?

Exactly what I thought too....unless OP is a vegetarian perhaps? I doubt it's something you can stick to long term...doesn't sound fun at all. Weight loss doesn't have to be a battle. A little scrap at times perhaps, but not a battle...