Feeling ill half-way through work out?

I also get headaches afterwards sometimes too.. any reason for this?

I have my windows open to stop me overheating and i drink water during if i need it
I'm doing 30 day shred and at level 3, i also tried jillian's buns and thighs today before my shred.. i think i'll save it for tonight due to my headache
thanks guys!
<3

Replies

• Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    I also get headaches afterwards sometimes too.. any reason for this?

I have my windows open to stop me overheating and i drink water during if i need it
    I'm doing 30 day shred and at level 3, i also tried jillian's buns and thighs today before my shred.. i think i'll save it for tonight due to my headache
    thanks guys!
    <3

Please let me know how buns and thighs is! I just got that one!!! I am also doing 30 DS. Hope you feel better ~~~ wish I had some tips to offer, but I don't.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Do you drink enough water before the work out? I've had that before because I failed to drink enough water before my work out.
    I've also had it from just generally pushing myself to my limits... it's not a bad thing unless you might actually vomit... then I'd calm it down a little ;)
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Depends on what "ill" means. I interpreted it to mean nauseous...

How soon before you work out do you eat? What do you eat before you work out? Are you hydrated enough before you work out? I very rarely drink water while I'm working out, the sloshing alone is enough to make me want to stop!

Also, don't forget to breathe :wink:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Yep WATER. I agree, breathing is a big deal. It's amazing how many people focus more on what they're doing, than breathing.
  • UNLESS19
    UNLESS19 Posts: 118
    thanks guys! I'll try drinking MORE BEFORE working out haha and at times i have like an hour or two gap before food unless it was something tiny they 30 mins to an hour.. i try to work out before breakfast but sometimes i'm too hungry haha
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    thanks guys! I'll try drinking MORE BEFORE working out haha and at times i have like an hour or two gap before food unless it was something tiny they 30 mins to an hour.. i try to work out before breakfast but sometimes i'm too hungry haha

If you eat too soon before you workout, you might get stomach cramps. Give yourself an hour after eating before working out if you ate veggies, 2 hours if meat/high protein and fat. I never work out on empty.

If you're getting dizzy, it's likely hydration. But if you are straining and not breathing, you'll do something called the valsalva maneuver (also called vagalling out) which drops your BP and HR by compressing the vagal nerve, and you'll pass out.
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    Remember to breathe well!!! I find myself holding my breath unconsciously, and it gives me HORRIBLE headaches.