Cheap exercise clothes?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Just remember though that cheap workout clothes may not last very long and may not give you the best support.

At first I was all about buying cheap until I started to actually invest in my workout clothes and noticed the difference.

Under Armour, Champion, and Old Navy (LOVE their sports bra!) are the brands I stick with.
    Old Navy tends to have some awesome sales - I use their tanks as workout shirts. Very comfy!
    I always check the sales rack at Target.
    Most of my under armour stuff has come from Ebay and I often check out their outlet.

I believe your workout outfit can give you that extra push if you feel awesome in it! = )
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    If you're still losing weight, you could look at thrift stores. I've gone to thrift stores for disposable clothes for caving, and liked some of them so much that when I didn't destroy them by squeezing through tight spaces, I brought them home and kept wearing them.

I actually like the Danskin yoga pants and shorts from Walmart, for cotton/spandex workout wear. If you're tiny, the extra small may not be small enough though.
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wow!

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

@WannaDizzolve: Ha.. yes, I know shoes and sports bras are important! I won't skimp on those at all. :smile:

@Cina04: Well, I'm not looking for dirt cheap stuff, just stuff that costs less that $45 per piece. Something within the $20 to $30 price range is what I am looking for.
  • Lauraab29
    Lauraab29 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    H&M definitely. Cheap, durable and flattering!
  • Hexahedra
    Hexahedra Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    My recommendation is TJ Maxx and Marshalls. They got branded, good quality items dumped by other stores because the clothes are either slightly imperfect, out-of-season, or no longer have complete sizes. Try different TJ Maxx and Marshalls because they tend to carry different quality of clothing based on the neighborhood. A store in Atlanta Buckhead will carry better quality stuff than one in, say, Buford Highway area. At the same or slightly higher price than Walmart & Target, you'll get stuff with 100% more quality.
  • HappyElizabeth
    HappyElizabeth Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I just bought some really nice workout clothes at Marshall's.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Target. Most exercise clothing on sale this week. Just bought shorts & shirts, cheap.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I buy most of mine at Target. Walmart's Dankskin line is cheap, like 6 bucks for shirts.

^ this. and Ross. If you have a Ross near you, you can check them out. I've gotten a couple shirts there for $3 each.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Target or Costco
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Walmart. Nice and cheap, and you don't really have to worry about wearing it out too quickly. If you're losing weight, you will grow out of the shirts long before you have to worry about it.