2»

Replies

• MscGray
    MscGray Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    A calorie is a calorie. There is no distinction between good and bad.

Unfortunately, science has proven that is false. If you eat your calories in junk food, you will gain weight. Eat the same calories in nutritious meat, dairy, fruits and vegg and you will lose. Do research before making absurd statements.

A calorie is a unit of measure, are there good inches and bad inches?

Umm.... :bigsmile:

Ha ha...nice!
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Unfortunately, science has proven that is false. If you eat your calories in junk food, you will gain weight. Eat the same calories in nutritious meat, dairy, fruits and vegg and you will lose. Do research before making absurd statements.

This is patently untrue. You can eat pure Twinkies and lose. In fact, people have. It may not be nutritious, and you will be lacking in vitamins, but you will lose.

Perhaps YOU should do some research..jeeeeesh!

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I didn't see that about a million people have told you already that a calorie is a calorie and to ignore that bit of tripe. I just saw such nonsense and felt the need to post before I continued on :)

Good luck, OP
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    There is no "good v bad" when it comes to calorie deficit, but there are foods lower in calories that will keep you fuller for longer = eating more food with lower calories = not feeling hungry all the time.

eg: you could eat one maccas meal in a day and meet your calorie limit, but you'll be hungry within a few hours. compare that to eating oats for breakfast, salad for lunch and lean meats and veg for dinner with some fruit for snacks and you wont be as hungry and still be in your calorie limit.

if you're concerned about health and not just weight loss, there are definite "no nos" when it comes to food. there are foods that make you feel good and foods that make you feel bloated and gross. simple. get on google and do some research, there's plenty of knowledge out there :smile:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

A calorie is a unit of measure, are there good inches and bad inches?

Umm.... :bigsmile:
    LOL. I didn't even catch it.

In my best Shirley Feeney voice... "Get your mind out of the gutter."

:)