Is really impotant eating meat?!

HI guis, what your thinking about eating meat, I'm vegetarian from three year and I feel very good. anyone sayd that it'smust important for your contained of aminoacid, but if you take a cereal and a legume(lentils). you have the full spectrum of aminoacid. there are also a lot studies about meat and you cancerous effects. what you thinking about?
thank you for your reply !

Replies

• Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    I think vegetarianism is fine healthwise because (depending on the type of vegetarian you are) you still get the benefits of eating animal products like milk, yogurt, eggs, cheese and possibly even fish. However, I do eat meat because I like my diet to be more well rounded. When you choose organic, grass fed, antibiotic free options, and you eat a reasonable portion, it eliminates a lot of the medical risks involved.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    I think that choosing to be a vegetarian should be because you "don't want to eat your friends", or because don't like meat, or even because of your faith/religion, not for health purposes, and you should know what you are doing, like you are saying, make sure you get the right kind and amounts of nutrients.
  • weightliftingdiva
    weightliftingdiva Posts: 522 Member
    edited October 2014
    If you can meet your nutrition, fitness goals and practice your spirituality without eating meat, than eating meat is not important. Do you enjoy eating meat, and it fits into your goals? Eat it. Don't like it, don't need it? Don't eat it.

I personally don't like consuming a lot of meat (usually no more than once per day) for spiritual reasons. I'd like to transition to vegetarianism after college. There are a lot of great vegetarian options in today's world (my Mom jokes that when she was a vegetarian in the 70s all there was was pizza... and she gained a ton of weight). Some people disagree. That's fine. You do you.
  • I'm vegentarian just for healt but I eat light cheese but not eggs and fish . I think that cereal, legumes , fresh fruit and died fruit have all nutrients necessary for healt and wellness!
  • tracylbrown839
    tracylbrown839 Posts: 84 Member
    There are many ways and diet styles that provide all the nutrients that you need. So, choosing a diet style, is a matter of personal preference.

That said, people who chose to eat a very wide variety of foods are more likely to meet all the dietary requirements without "thinking about it", simply because of the variety contained within the diet.

As you restrict or eliminate foods from a diet, it becomes more important to consciously be aware of meeting nutritional needs.

There is a great site called cronometer.com that easily tracks daily nutrients and it's a good place to plug in a few days of your meals and to see how your nutrition stacks up. (I think my fitness pal does provide nutritional information but cronometer.com is a very thorough site that can be used to just "check" your daily/weekly recommendations - it provides a score on your over-all diet.
  • thank your advice!
  • Thinking about a nice steak. We are always being told that certain foods are bad for us... but it is our choice what to eat.
  • This is try! I think that we need eating food that feel good us!!