Not losing weight as expected

Options
2»

Replies

• hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I still don't understand like how to create a calorie deficit in a healthy way? Can someone of u write on that?

I created a calorie deficit in a healthy way by eating 1900 calories a day and walking a mile a day at a slow, leisurely pace (I am bigger than you though but saying you can make a deficit without extreme calorie cutting to 1200 calories). There are lots of different ways to do this, lots of good advice offered here and I second read the links shared.

• debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    Dear debrag12,
    I eat 1200 calories a day and burn 1500 calories each day. I use a pedometer to calculate the calories burnt. Am I doing it in a wrong way

debrag12 wrote: »
    So that burn is exercise burn on top of everyday burn? You are netting negative calories. With eating 1200 calories and burning extra through execise you really should be eating some of these back to NET 1200 calories not NET - 300 (- daily burn)

Calories in = 1200
    Calories out = daily burn + 1500 from exercise

Or have I just read the OP wrong?

So you are burning 3500 total (from your next post 1500+2000) and only eating 1200 so a NET calorie total of -2300. NET should be 1200 minimum.

Maybe when the body is getting NET negative calories it holds onto everything it can.

What is MFP telling you to eat, have you worked out your TDEE? How have you worked out your body burns 2000 calories a day? Go here and input your details to get your TDEE, I'd set it at the highest activity level and a goal of 10% or 20% to get a deficit. Healthy deficits are 500 to 1000 calories a day.