logging insanity workouts?

Options
hey you all!! :) i'm just starting insanity (TOTALLY HUMBLED BY THE FIT TEST TODAY!!) and i wondered if you had advice....how do you log your workouts in? i want to make sure i account for extra calorie burn (because i can only imagine how the workouts are, if today was just the test???) ;) or do you just up your calorie goal, assuming you'll burn during the workout?? thanks!!!

Replies

• erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I do insanity and i just type in "insanity" into my exercise database. If it can't find it, just click "add new exercise" at the bottom of the page.

I use a heart rate monitor during all my exercise. you should consider getting one, they're really helpful. I usually burn between 300-400 calories during month 2 of insanity.

Good luck!
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I use the HRM too and create my own work outs because it's not in the database.. This website will give you an idea of the calories burned. I found that my HRM was lower because it measured my actual effort.

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercise-activity/calories-burned-conditioning-exercises
  • clodsb
    clodsb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just started too, I'm gonna be doing day3 today
    The only way to log it accurately is to use a decent heart rate monitor that tells you how many cals you have burned! Everyone will burn at a different rate depending on weight, sex, height and effort. I add it as exercise, and choose 'create a new exercise'.
    Good luck with insanity! so far I'm loving it :)
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I don't have a heart rate monitor yet and log mine as circuit training, but will be looking into a HRM in the next month or so.
  • sherrifoster123
    sherrifoster123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I don't have a HRM and I log it as calisthenics (vigorous effort). It comes out to about 400ish calories (depending on the workout). I'm not using my to get an exact count of calories burned; I care more about my caloric intake than how much I'm burning off.