P90 or TurboJam?

Hey, I currently have P90X at home but I feel like it's too advanced for me right now so I am thinking I need more of a beginner workout. I am not completely out of shape, so something a little challenging is good but I'm trying to ease myself back into working out. Is P90 or TurboJam the better program? Thank you!

Replies

• alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    They're very different workout styles. I've done the Turbo Jam & Turbo Fire programs - they're basically a hybrid of kickboxing and dance moves. I haven't done P90 or P90X, but they seem to be more along the lines of traditional workout movements.

There's also trainer personality to take into account. I really like Chalene Johnson's peppy, goofy attitude, but can't stand Tony Horton.

Try to find sample workouts online to watch/try and see what works best for you - the best program is one that you'll stick with!
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    I would say p90 would do a better job at easing you into the workouts but above is correct, it really comes down to which trainer you prefer. Some people prefer Chalene I personally prefer Tonys motivation and cheesy humor
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Thank you for the replies. :)

I decided to buy the P90, because I already had the P90X so I figured it would be the best to transition. I'm thinking I'll try the Turbo Fire when I'm in better shape because I've heard a lot of good things about it. The bad thing about dance moves is that I'm not the most coordinated person, and I didn't want to get too discouraged. Thanks again! :smiley:
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    I liked Power 90, when I got it, I could start with the second stage, which is like hte first, but longer. I enjoyed his humor then and the more "real" assistants he had. I still do the ab routine (200 when you're done) on occasion.
    He also has a "master" series to bridge Px series after Power 90. I really like "Cardio Intervals" in that series, fun and you can mute Tony or only have cues if you want more it quieter. ; ))