Fitness Trackers

Options
2»

Replies

• mrsgault79
    mrsgault79 Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i have been researching this for days. It appears the Bodymedia Fit is 1st than Fit Bit Zip and Fit Bit One for accuracy. BM is 9.3% the others are 10.%. Bodymedia tracks steps, calories burned, vigorous and moderate activity and can even track your sleep.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    mrsgault79 wrote: »
    i have been researching this for days. It appears the Bodymedia Fit is 1st than Fit Bit Zip and Fit Bit One for accuracy. BM is 9.3% the others are 10.%. Bodymedia tracks steps, calories burned, vigorous and moderate activity and can even track your sleep.

Monthly subscription for Body Media.....none for FitBit.

The FitBitOne & the FitBitFlex do track steps, calories burned, stairs, vigorous activity, and your sleep. No fee to use their website.
  • tullyelly
    Options
    I've seen a few different posts similar to this here and across the web. Fitbit appears to
    have the best marketing and market penetration.

That said, I'd suggest you read the following article from The Verge. It'll break down what tracker does what pretty well for you. I ended up following their advice and getting the newest Jawbone Up24 and couldn't be happier.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/8/14/6001153/the-best-fitness-tracker-you-can-buy

My guess is if you are dedicated enough, any of these devices can really be a huge benefit. Good luck!!

• jhboise
    jhboise Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I ordered a Jawbone Up24 about three hours before reading this thread, based on a bit of research. When I was a runner (before the hip replacement!) I *loved* the Nike chip that fits into their shoes & the app that comes with it. I found it really helped me train harder.