LADIES, join me on a 12 week journey to the New Year!!!

Options
GenesiaElizabeth
GenesiaElizabeth Posts: 227 Member
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
Hi! :smile:

Need a boost of encouragement to help you get through the upcoming holidays? I know I do! What do you WANT to accomplish in 12 weeks?! That is the amount of time we have until January 1st, 2015. Personally, I have 23lbs to go and am so excited about this year coming to a close and all the changes to come still!

Join "Remodeling Our Bodies", a new 12 week (or longer if we so wish) female group here on MFP that will promote strength/bodyweight training & calisthenics, along with fresh, healthy eating. Let's support one another in this fight!

I have lost a good amount of my total goal but still have challenges ahead, just like you. No matter where you are in your journey, I feel there is always something we can learn from each other. We all are different people and have many different experiences to share! :heart:

We will do weekly check ins that will include weight & measurements. Also, monthly progress pics because we know how that scale can be, plus as ladies, we like to take pretty pictures anyway so let's do it! We are ALL beautiful in our own ways. (If you don't want to, that's ok too! No pressure or judgment... although we will still be needing weight AND measurements.) :wink:

Good luck!!! :drinker:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100062-goals-by-the-new-year-ladies-we-have-12-weeks

73722255.png

Replies

• klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    im in!
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    Options
    Awesome! :smiley:

73722255.png
  • Adivaforlife
    Adivaforlife Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! I will do this!
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Right on! :smile:

Also, a little side note to the gentlemen who made be intrigued - Because this is a female group, we obviously and respectfully ask, that only females join. It doesn't help you any, if we can't help you in the way that you need because we think you are a lady.. :open_mouth:
    -
    There will be some general guidelines posted as well, regarding expectations. If you are not actively participating in the discussions and weekly check-ins, then unfortunately, we will have to remove you. We want to be surrounded with an active, passionate group of women who know what they want and are finally ready to give it their ALL to go get it! Whether, you're just starting out or are almost to goal, we still have COMMITMENT in common. Everyone should be equally involved for this to work out best for all of you!

73722255.png
  • tracyperez23
    tracyperez23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in i have a ways to go but fully committed.
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ok, let's do it!!! B)

73722255.png
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Also want to do mini challenges that affect all aspects of weight loss. We know it's not just about the physical! Must have our thoughts in the right place for this to work.

Ever since joining MFP, it has also acted as sort of therapy for me. The support, encouragement and no judging that I receive here is basically what therapy is. We may not have PhDs but a lot of us have been through the school of hard knocks at the very least and know a thing or two about how to navigate life's storms because we've gotten this far.

Human support is huge, whether we have all the answers or not, there is always someone who can learn and someone who can be taught.

Some questions however, require us to find the answer out on our own and sometimes we just need people along the way to give us clues, while helping push us along.

Mini challenges will add up, allowing you to complete the ultimate challenge of reaching your goal in the end!

73722255.png
  • destinygrl
    destinygrl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    just registered today and I'm IN
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    Options
    Great!

Looking for more positive, ACTIVE females to join, especially those with an interest/love for strength training! Thank you. :blush:

73722255.png
  • kfalcon1
    kfalcon1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!!!
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Me! I just started a weight training class, and I love it!
  • 1ladybird2014
    1ladybird2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just joined :)
    230268 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm so in for this..............
    230268 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ok how do I join :) or am I being a little dull :\
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks, ladies! :smiley:

And because the group is private, the join requests have to be approved. Don't worry, I'm online daily though (usually multiple times a day)!!

73722255.png
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Going strong, 42 members already!

What are your goals for the New Year? Let's do them together. We are all parts of one body that need each other to function. Human support and knowledge from others is huge! Any stage, any age/weight. Just have to at least WANT to be committed. Hopefully some of the motivation that will come from the group will GET you committed!

Good luck! :drinker:

73722255.png
  • marbod
    marbod Posts: 5
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I just sent my request. I'm hoping to lose 10 lbs before the end of the year. I think that's a reasonable goal since I'm just getting back on the bandwagon. I really need someone to hold me accountable to this.
  • AMike98
    AMike98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I need some motivation going into the holiday seasons...
  • aletheia_vox
    aletheia_vox Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Alright! Let's give this a try. I've been trying to lose they stubborn last ~10lb for a year! It's time to dive in and get things done.

I've been trying to set up a reward system - an afternoon of thrifting and <$15 item for every week I make 3+ workouts. Rewards for food goals are still under consideration.