How to make plain coffee taste better?

Options
2»

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Don't use instant coffee. Put some cinnamon in with the beans when you brew it. Put a little cream n sugar in it. Pour over ice. (Add a scoop of coffee ice cream)

• 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Add two shots of Sambuca, then go back to bed. >:)
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Starbucks can be relatively easy to do calorie free. Check out the 'blendicano' on instagram - calorie free frappe. Also I'm a sucker for the sugar free syrups (in Americano) or just sweeteners. You can get the same stuff for at home and there's also flavoured coffee nowadays and flavoured whiteners.
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    If you like the Starbucks drinks, a lot of times you can have them "diet" it for you... like instead of ice cream base (Yeah that's what a lot of those drinks have as their main ingredient!), have them make it with skim milk instead. Then have them use sugar free syrups or sweeteners instead of the full sugar ones. Finally, opt OUT of the whipped cream. Most of the time you can cut the caloric value of those drinks by at least half by doing just a few adjustments.

Oh and Sheetz will custom make their coffee beverages also... you might have to talk to the person behind the counter, when you place your order, but they will do it for you. I like the decaf, non-fat, sugar free frozen (blended) mocha drink...
  • leahannhorton
    leahannhorton Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Almond milk and sugar free torani!
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »
    Add two shots of Sambuca, then go back to bed. >:)

I love this idea!
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I don't like artificial sweeteners and Stevia tastes horrible in coffee (I think). I buy flavored coffee (hazelnut, chocolate, vanilla, etc.) and put in milk. I used to put sugar in my coffee, but I am used to it unsweetened now. Give yourself a couple of weeks, eventually you won't miss it. (hopefully)
  • LosingItForGood13
    LosingItForGood13 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    baileys mudslide refrigerated coffee creamer is all u need to add to your coffee have drunk it cold and hot tasted fine both ways
  • HopeKasrai
    HopeKasrai Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I add a packet of Swiss Miss (no sugar added) to my coffee. We call it a ghetto mocha at our house. :smile:

81dkPoQ%2B5oL._SX425SX425_SY546_CR,0,0,425,546_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_SX425_SY546_CR,0,0,425,546_SH20_.jpg

That is a super idea!