What are your thoughts on this brand of protein powder?

Options
I just bought some Supreme Protein Whey and Casein Protein powder. Would you consider this brand to be high quality or are there better brands out there? I'm looking for the protein powder with the least fillers and the most protein per calories. Any suggestions for some better brands?

Here is a link to the Supreme Protein website: http://supremeprotein.com/Products/Supreme-Protein-Powder/VanillaBean

Replies

• DevilsFan1
    DevilsFan1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    That has 6g of carbs per 15g or protein. That's not a good ratio. I buy ON 100% whey from Costco. 6lb bag for $60. It has 24g of protein and 2g of carbs (along with 1g of fat). That's much better (and probably cheaper) than what you're using.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have trouble digesting maltodextriin. It upsets my stomach. I am going to look into ON 100%
  • Sutnak
    Sutnak Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is good. Truetein is better, for a little more cash.

The posted one contains carrageenan, which is an intestinal irritant for some people. I'd avoid it for that reason. (Many protein powders have it, even some of ONs.)
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Like DevilsFan said, why not get 100% whey and make your own potion? There are many brands of straight whey powder. Amazon is an easy way to search and get an overview.

Powders are convenient. I prefer cottage cheese and Greek style yogurt most of the time.