Sale on FitBit One and FitBit Zip - 15% off

Options
I sometimes buy from Heart Rate Monitors USA as they have good prices and fast shipping. No - I don't work for them or anything like that! o:) I'm on their mailing list and I just received an email about a 15% off sale on FitBit One and FitBit Zip.

The One is normally $99, and now on sale for $84, while the Zip is normally $60, and now on sale for $50. Not a bad deal if you've been wanting one, or planning to give one as a gift.

The coupon code is FITBIT15. It's good for about a week.

I have a FitBit One and it's a pretty neat little tool for tracking my activity. I have a pretty sedentary job, and it's a good reminder to get up and walk around a few times a day.

Here's their web site: www.heartratemonitorsusa.com

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    This store has atrocious Yelp reviews.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

Welp. There goes my impulse buy of the day

• missiontofitness
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Yep. I looked at another site the store owner said is more accurate, but the reviews are too short and I don't entirely trust them. The site also makes me want to side eye. Better off waiting for Cyber Monday or Black Thursday/Friday!

• MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »

Yep. I looked at another site the store owner said is more accurate, but the reviews are too short and I don't entirely trust them. The site also makes me want to side eye. Better off waiting for Cyber Monday or Black Thursday/Friday!

Absolutely. Besides 25 bucks is the sweet spot here for me, seeing as I'd probably just use it once or twice. I probably could snag one on Craigslist or something. This strikes me as a device that many a well intentioned exerciser now has stashed in their sock drawer. My other hold up is that there are so many models and I haven't had a chance to research them yet
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I got my fitbit (new) on ebay for about $73 total, so you might want to check there.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think I bought a HRM there 10 years ago and they were fine.

I wouldn't buy a Fitbit from anyone but an authorized reseller. A huge percentage don't work out of the box and need replaced under warranty. I've bought a lot of them over the years and I think about 50% failed in the first year and got replaced free. Ebay or CL bought ones don't enjoy that benefit.
  • missiontofitness
    Options

I wouldn't buy a Fitbit from anyone but an authorized reseller. A huge percentage don't work out of the box and need replaced under warranty. I've bought a lot of them over the years and I think about 50% failed in the first year and got replaced free. Ebay or CL bought ones don't enjoy that benefit.

Holy moly....you would think they would address that by now!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options

I know. My confidence is building by the minute ;)

• millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I had no idea they had bad reviews. I've ordered from them several times with no problems. I've gotten two HRMs from them - Polars - and they worked great. I've never gotten a FitBit from them, though. Better safe than sorry!
  • WalkingAlong
    Options

Well, they have the best set of features for the lowest cost, if you ask me. As long as you buy from an auth. reseller you're covered. I bet they could sell them for $150 and make them more reliable, but fewer people would buy them. Actually the Jawbones cost more and also have a huge warranty period failure rate, I think.

• hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I bought my Polar watch from them and had no problems at all. Great service and fast delivery.
  • cinde2014
    cinde2014 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My fit bit will never be stuck in a sock dwarer. It is too precious for that. It's the best thing for weight lost help in a long time
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Yup, I found this out the hard way. Good thing, I guess, is that I was only out $35. I intend to get a new one from an authorized retailer when "get fit season" rolls around and they're on sales again.
  • WalkingAlong
    Options
    Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales are usually the best prices of the year.