I'm underweight but my stomach looks big?

Options
Hey everyone! So I'm having a bit if an issue. Over the past several months I've started eating really really clean. I'm 5'8 and went from 135lbs to 113lbs. This scared me a lot . The odd thing is I may be underweight but I look big? Like I don't look fat. But my stomach extends quite a bit. I'm doing cardio 6 days/week and burning about 300 calories per day. I eat roughly 1600-1800 calories everyday. I've just started a bit if weight training as well. Is there any tips anyone can give me about improving my figure and maybe gaining a few pounds without getting fat? I'll attach a picture or tw . Maybe its just me but I don't feel like I look 113 lbs ag4dtp1j9fhu.jpg
zu1smu65i40q.jpg

Replies

• sarawr66
    Options
    blazepurr wrote: »
    Problem: Belly pooch

Physical Factors: Tight hip flexors and weak lower abs will tilt your hips forward, causing the lower part of your belly to stick out.

Exercises: Strengthen your lower abdominal with exercises such as leg lifts, hanging pikes, and swiss ball passes. To loosen your hips, make the hip flexor stretch a part of your workout routine.
    021-300x217.jpg

Thanks so much :) I've just started my weight training and working on my core so I'm hoping this helps!!
  • AdventureFreak
    AdventureFreak Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Stand up straight. You don't have a fat stomach. That's called body dysmorphia.

At 5'8" 113 lbs you are most definitely underweight.

bump
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    This is such a sad post. Please seek help for body dysmorphia. You look very much 5'8 113 pounds - your stomach does not extend and does not look big.
  • 21million
    21million Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    When I'm near 110 and eat my belly gets huge but its back down in the morning, of course. My friend says its because I'm thin enough to see the food in my belly at that point, LOL. That being said, I am short enough to be healthy at 110. You look gorgeous but I think you will be 100x happier once you start exercising and put a few good, healthy pounds on. :)
  • sarawr66
    sarawr66 Posts: 20
    edited October 2014
    Options
    21million wrote: »
    When I'm near 110 and eat my belly gets huge but its back down in the morning, of course. My friend says its because I'm thin enough to see the food in my belly at that point, LOL. That being said, I am short enough to be healthy at 110. You look gorgeous but I think you will be 100x happier once you start exercising and put a few good, healthy pounds on. :)
    Thank you so much for the positive feedback :) I know I'm really underweight and it freaked me out when I found out. I've been trying to put on some weight by eating a few more calories and weight lifting. No results so far but that doesn't mean they won't happen :) definitely takes time.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    blazepurr wrote: »
    Problem: Belly pooch

Physical Factors: Tight hip flexors and weak lower abs will tilt your hips forward, causing the lower part of your belly to stick out.

Exercises: Strengthen your lower abdominal with exercises such as leg lifts, hanging pikes, and swiss ball passes. To loosen your hips, make the hip flexor stretch a part of your workout routine.
    021-300x217.jpg
    This is what i was looking for...thanks!
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    :D I weighed 102 to 105 until i hit 45 , then went up to 114 or so and stayed there for maybe 10 years....i ate whatever i wanted during ALL that time.....carbs, ice cream, fresh veggies, steak.....anything i wanted.
    Right now, you have a fast metabolism, thank your lucky stars. .... and be careful of what you ask for :D Good Luck.
  • mangogirl272727
    mangogirl272727 Posts: 95 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    sarawr66 wrote: »
    21million wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the positive feedback :) I know I'm really underweight and it freaked me out when I found out. I've been trying to put on some weight by eating a few more calories and weight lifting. No results so far but that doesn't mean they won't happen :) definitely takes time.

At five eight and active there is no way you are going to gain eating what you are eating. You're not even close to what you would need to maintain.

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    good ol' lordosis
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    You're not fat & to gain weight without fat is impossible.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I am 3" shorter than you and 113 is approaching seriously UW on me. I don't look healthy unless my belly is sticking out a little. I have to suggest you reorganize your thinking on this.
  • TrainerLB
    TrainerLB Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey sweet pea, ignore the idiot haters on here. First off, your body is beautiful and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Secondly, if you'd like to change the shape of any body part you need to develop some muscle mass. I recommend increasing your weight training to 3-4xs per week for a beginner and don't be afraid to lift a little heavier. It won't make you get "bulky" but help tone up a trouble spot. Putting weight on your abdominal exercises will really make a difference too. Heavy "russian twists" can really help change the shape of your tummy. Google "weighted abdominal exercises" and see what you think.

Hope that helps. <3
  • sarawr66
    Options
    yvesklein wrote: »
    Hey sweet pea, ignore the idiot haters on here. First off, your body is beautiful and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Secondly, if you'd like to change the shape of any body part you need to develop some muscle mass. I recommend increasing your weight training to 3-4xs per week for a beginner and don't be afraid to lift a little heavier. It won't make you get "bulky" but help tone up a trouble spot. Putting weight on your abdominal exercises will really make a difference too. Heavy "russian twists" can really help change the shape of your tummy. Google "weighted abdominal exercises" and see what you think.

Hope that helps. <3

Thank you so much :) all I was asking for was help, so thank you a lot for that. :) I've started to do more weight training as well so hopefully I'll start to see some results in a month or two :) I'll definitely up my weights as well!
  • VeganEquestrian
    VeganEquestrian Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I always feel this way to. I'm 5'6 114lbs, and I feel like my arms and chest are small but my stomach is huge!!!
  • VeganEquestrian
    VeganEquestrian Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have an ED, I know I need help. And I am getting some already ;)
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    At leas you're aware you have an ED and are getting help. That's important.

The biggest thing I've noticed with women, especially around my age or younger, is terrible posture which can make your body shape look different. Focus on standing straight and it'll change a lot.

But really your issue is mental and like I said, you're aware of it on some level. Your stomach is fine. Learn to love your body, you look great.