What are the "good for you" foods that you detest?

Options
LotusF1ower
LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
I detest any bread BUT white bread, I have NEVER gotten used to eating brown bread, bread with bits in etc etc and believe me I have tried. Brown bread or, for that matter, any bread other than white always tastes so dry and cardboard-like - perhaps that's the idea, make it horrible and you cut it out of your daily intake LOL! (I do understand some people like it though!)

I detest tea or coffee without sugar - I got round this by using sweeteners. If I do not do this, it tastes like poison :laugh:

Replies

• supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    I HATE spinach, broccoli, bananas, and peanut butter!!! I also detest all types of beans except soy beans, green beans, and chick peas. Yuck!! :sick:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Bell peppers & reduced fat cottage cheese
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I prefer brown bread, but I have notices some white bread being advertised as being made from whole grain, so maybe that is an option that will at least make it more healthy for you than regular white bread.

As for sweetener, I recently discovered something that means I put 1 packet of raw sugar in my medium coffee at Starbucks instead of 2 sugars and 2 splendas. and all that chocolate powder that I liked to add. Now, I have them add two pumps of sugar-free caramel syrup in my coffee. With a little milk or half and half, the syrup, a packet of sugar, and a dash of nutmeg, this is an excellent cup of coffee, and not nearly as much of a train wreck as my old style.

Edit, to actually answer the question:blushing:

I don't particularly care for artichokes, unless they are marinated, and that, of course, makes them much less healthy due to the fat and sodium. Don't care for crab much, but love other seafood and shrimp. Can't really think of anything I HATE. My problem isn't disliking healthy food, its LIKING everything TOOO much!!!:laugh:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Cooked veggies. I will only eat green beans, corn, and spinach with vinegar. I will eat more veggies in their raw state, but still don't like quite a few of them.
  • Alleghany
    Alleghany Posts: 200
    Options
    Watermelon makes me gag...I could never eat it. Wish I could though... :(
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Sourdough bread doesn't count as white bread btw.
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    Onions, Peppers & Celery
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Sourdough bread doesn't count as white bread btw.

On what do you base that conclusion? I am just curious.
  • lilmissy2
    lilmissy2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I like most healthy foods (and most unhealthy foods unfortunately hahaha) but I do hate cottage cheese and capers!
  • Chelsinicole63
    Chelsinicole63 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think salads are disgusting!! Yuck! I eat them anyways to fill me up but i dont enjoy the lettuce at all.
  • supersarah14
    supersarah14 Posts: 170
    Options
    I think salads are disgusting!! Yuck! I eat them anyways to fill me up but i dont enjoy the lettuce at all.

I agree! I hate salads. I also don't like seafood. :tongue:
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    Watermelon makes me gag...I could never eat it. Wish I could though... :(

I'm with you!! That's pretty much the only thing besisdes seafood for me. I love all other melons tho!
  • brujeria48
    brujeria48 Posts: 25
    Options
    I really dislike lettuce, broccoli and cauliflower. I can actually do without most vegetables, but I manage to at least eat plenty of spinach.
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I detest all "fresh fish" but if I have a huge dish of butter butter I love lobster and king crab legs..
  • Mariettarose
    Options
    :ohwell: I hate cottage cheese. Always seemed more like something that came out of a goose to me...
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    I detest any bread BUT white bread, I have NEVER gotten used to eating brown bread, bread with bits in etc etc and believe me I have tried. Brown bread or, for that matter, any bread other than white always tastes so dry and cardboard-like - perhaps that's the idea, make it horrible and you cut it out of your daily intake LOL! (I do understand some people like it though!)

I detest tea or coffee without sugar - I got round this by using sweeteners. If I do not do this, it tastes like poison :laugh:

Here is the link yo a similar topic I posted a few hours ago: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/100003-i-hate-whole-wheat-multi-grain

I hope it helps!!
  • CharleneM
    CharleneM Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I detest avacados, cooked spinach, yogurt, cheesecake and tea. yuk!!! OH wait! Cheesecake isn't good for you. HAHAHAHA
  • xtina11179
    xtina11179 Posts: 352
    Options
    And for the record, in relation to the thread, I hate almonds, tomatoes and mushroom! Mushrooms seem like they should have come out of a shell on the bottom of the ocean, all slimy and chewy like. *gag*
  • sparklergirl8
    Options
    I HATE yogurt, carrots, & raisins....GROSS! I've tried soooo hard to like yogurt, because it's so good for you...but I gag when I taste it! I also hate the consistency of jello & gummy things (gummy bears/worms, swedish fish, etc)
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Light beer...ok, it's not a food...but, I loves a good Sam Adams or margarita

Cannot get used to Zucchini or Salmon...I try and try...but, always have to choke it down