Call me vain, but I want to brag!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration! One of my goals is to get small enough to try running.
  • GulfcoastAL
    GulfcoastAL Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's so encouraging! Thanks for sharing!
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    "It's not bragging if you can do it." - Dizzy Dean, Major League Baseball pitcher (b. 1910-d. 1974)
  • aneciarobinson
    aneciarobinson Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome success story! Way to go and thanks for sharing!!
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! I also took up running this year. I started back in Feb. and ran my first race ( a 5k, not a motivated as you) just this month and finished in 33:53. I was very pleased! Back in 2011 I had a heart attack and double by-pass. To go from DEAD to 5K has been an accomplishment for me. I look forward to increasing my distances and becoming a real runner. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • warriorguy
    Options
    It is good to feel good about accomplishments...and don't dwell on the setbacks. I recommend highly counting calories...say at 1200 cal budget and stick to it...lots of veggies, but splurges, too, so that nothing is off limits. I like an occasional donut...so I indulge, but I still keep to my 1000 cal budget, 30 min. cardio exercising, 30 min. strength training 3X a week, and have lost 22 lbs....40 to go...so you know I've been obese, but nearing the right BMI mark soon I hope....Oh, and I'm 82. yrs
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Awesome! Way to go!
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You had a great finish time on your half! Congratulations...
  • mgcarrillo
    mgcarrillo Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! And it's not just a well-deserved brag; it's encouragement to people like me who hate sweating that we can do it too!
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    You earned it, brag away!