Why do some people lose weight on diet alone or working out alone

2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    UM.....if you lose so fast, and this is the point of the post, why do you have 83 pounds to go?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    kgeyser wrote: »
    You have to be in a calorie deficit. Whether you create that deficit through diet alone or diet and exercise, it needs to be there. Peoples' bodies do not respond differently, this is the same for all human beings. The ones who needed to add in exercise to start losing were eating more than they thought and were not in a calorie deficit. The ones who had to eliminate foods to lose were eating more than they thought and were not in a calorie deficit.

This is the correct answer. Of course water weight will affect scale weight, but has no impact on fat gain/loss, but likely can mask loss and make people feel that they need to change things up when they don't need to.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Omg I never even was complaining even when I try to stand on a logical side of things I'm once again attack.No one even asked you like really?

Anyway.I was just trying to get research and ask a question but everyone brings up the past like seriously?Spend less time judging me an more time doing you.I got my answer from someone.I was simply explaining my motive to her of why I had such harsh feelings on weight.I'd be more comfortabled being called skinny than fat and that's just me!Not everyone wants that but that's just me.If you'd take the time to read my post I was actually considering 180 as a new goal yet you can't seem to get over how I feel about things
    So let me make this clear
    1.)I'd much rather be called skinny than fat.Like I said that's just my thought.Thats not the case for everyone but it is for me
    2.)I asked a question about calorie deflecting and I got my answer.I wanted to know about what works for certain people.Personally eating less works for me more than working out and eating a lot.How is that problematic.At no time did I whine I was simply stating about my body and how it works.

Now if we could all move foward from that it would be nice

well... duh. If you work out and eat a lot, you are most likely eliminating your caloric deficit, which is why creating a deficit through exercise is really not ideal unless you also plan on tracking your calorie intake, at which point you might as well just choose to create the deficit with food and have more consistent results (since you can easily control intake every day but you have less control over daily burn through activity - what if you get sick or injure yourself and can't work out? Or you work out way less/less intensity for some reason?)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    So in the past I've realized that workout is a breeze to me,it's very easy and a big stress reliever.I used it previously but still ate the same and didn't really lose much weight.Well last summer I had been dieting and working out and believe it or not had lost like 30 pounds in a month and a half.It was very shocking because still to this day those were the best results.Even after I had stopped working out cause of school, I was still losing fairly fast.I suppose for a boy it's not that strange to drop wait quickly with a calorie deflict but my question is this;Do certain people have one that works more than the other. I've heard of guys who eat like pigs but go to the gym and all is well.But I don't really need to workout,just eat low calorie and I lose fast.

I know both is the best results in the big picture yet I still wanted to know why is it like that for some and have you guys know people like this?

Because the only thing required to lose weight is a calorie deficit. Exercise creates a deficit, and so does eating less.

When you both exercise and eat less, the is generally bigger.

I love to run and lift weights, so working out and eating less worked well for me when I was losing weight. Now that I've been maintaining for almost a year, working out and eating at maintenance works well for me.

I love my exercise. :smile: