Tread mill running buddy wanted

Interested in finding buddies who are wanting to lose weight from tread mill running. It would be cool to share distances ran/walked/jog and how many calories we can lose together.

I work long hours and staying motivated can be really tough! I try to run/walk between 3-4k in distances but I would like to go longer...

Let me know if you're interested, I would love regular conversation!

Replies

• pamcris
    pamcris Posts: 47 Member
    I'm more of a jogger and incline walker with some running mixed in. I workout 6x a week and use the tread mill every time. I've been covering around 5 miles a day, but most of it is done with a 4.0 mph speed and a 15 incline (or as much as the tm will allow). I run at 6.5 mph in blocks of 3-4 mins every 100 calories burned. And I speed walk the last 10 mins before the normal walking for cool down.

So far, so good.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Sounds like a good idea. Have you defined any long and short-term goals you would like to achieve?
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    I do most of my workouts on the treadmill because it's always so nasty outside. I'm trying to work my way up to a 5K (race is in 2 weeks) and then after that I'm going to be training for a 10K. It'd be great to have people to talk to :)
  • AvalonsUnicorn
    AvalonsUnicorn Posts: 425 Member
    I just got my first treadmill :) I'm not a runner no matter the area haha but I'd be happy to walk and talk! Send me an add!
  • akmfp
    akmfp Posts: 56
    Think I have added all from above. I do not have any goals as such, I think it would be a good idea to just keep on running and watch the weight "hopefully" fall off by itself. This will spare any unhappyness with goals not met (even though we are getting physically fitter).

I will set a group up for us all if you want to join so we can get to know each other and share our daily rountines?
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I also do almost all of my working out on a treadmill, so feel free to add me! When I started this July 22nd, I could barely do a mile. Now I do a bunch of walk/jog intervals and usually do 2.5ish miles on a light day and the most I've done in one shot is about 5 miles. I'm trying to get to a point where I can jog an entire 5K but I definitely am nowhere close to that yet. =P
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Finally, some others that use a treadmill as part of their routine! Mine has been a primary / critical tool since I have begun the process of becoming fit. I run and walk, but running has not been without some issues. I still use it 5-6 days per week and as long as I'm feeling OK, running always makes up part of it.

Anyone here can add me if you'd like!
  • CMcH4
    CMcH4 Posts: 28 Member
    I will be receiving my treadmill tomorrow and have been searching for others who primarily use a treadmill for their workouts. Count me in if you don't mind. My goal is to get fit, lose 20 lbs & work my way from a walk/jog rotation to jogging/running.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,782 Member
    You may want to check out the Move Your *kitten* Challenge group.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/17713-move-your-ss-challenge
  • addiec1
    addiec1 Posts: 101 Member
    I use a treadmill mostly too. I was running 5ks outside but a miscarriage this summer sidelined me and now I"m doing intervals on the treadmill. I'm hoping to work my way up to 10k but right now I can't even do a full 5k. Add me if you want
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    I'm interested...what is the group name?

• EmmaR35
    EmmaR35 Posts: 41 Member
    I also do most of my running on a treadmill and once a month a trail run.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    I, too, am interested in the treadmill walking/jogging/running group.

Thank!
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Yippie - more of us treadmill users!

Here's the new treadmill group I think is being referenced.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100081-treadmill-runners-joggers-walkers-movers-shakers
  • Vicky45897
    Vicky45897 Posts: 10 Member
    Hey xx I go on my treadmill 6 days a week, currently doing a fat burning program but looking for some ideas/changes xx
  • akmfp
    akmfp Posts: 56
    Feel free to sign up to our group, friendly bunch and we have end of month events to challenge you :-)