Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I have struggled with my weight pretty much my whole life but after a bad relationship and break-up (I stress eat) a few years ago, it got out of control and I'm finally taking my life back and trying to become a healthier me. I'd like to eventually loose about a 100# but have started with a more realistic goal of 50# for now. I joined a gym about a year ago, and try to go 2-4 times a week and on the days I don't make it to the gym, I try to walk at least a mile at home. I also cut out all soft drinks and alcohol and started watching what I ate, avoiding fast foods and trying to make healthier decisions. The frustrating thing was, I still wasn't losing weight, occasionally a pound or so, I also measured and lost a very small amount in inches. I have had my TSH checked, and while still in the "normal" range, it is higher than it has been before. All other metabolic testing has been normal (I have a family history of diabetes, insulin resistance, hypothyroidism, etc). So now I am really trying to get motivated, track my food better, increase my exercise and stay on track. I am just finding it hard to stay motivated when I don't see results. I'm hoping that using MFP and doing daily tracking will help keep me motivated. Any tips/tricks are greatly appreciated!
--Erin

Replies

• sweetneat75
    sweetneat75 Posts: 52 Member
    When I used MFP faithfully for 3-4 months last summer, it worked for me. I lost 20 lbs. The support of others makes a big difference. Unfortunately, I went off to get married/honeymoon & fell off track. I've noticed the majority of my "friends" have disappeared as well. Today, I want to start getting the ball rolling... Again. Feel free to add me.
  • The best tip is to track every calorie and be brutally honest about it, even if it means logging more calories than your daily limit and seeing the red numbers. For me, when I do that, I lose weight. Exercise helps, especially if you bank the calories you gain from exercise and don't eat them. Good luck!
  • ErinNic612
    ErinNic612 Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks! Good luck to both of you as well!
  • shfoster0721
    shfoster0721 Posts: 239 Member
    You can add me. I have lost 110 pounds since January. It is definitely a lifestyle change. It was for me. What really helped was having an amazing support system with my wife and friends. I was taking meds for high blood pressure, hypertension, cholesterol, and was prediabetic. Now I am off all the meds and still going on my transformation. Feel free to add me if you need advice, motivation, support, or would like to hear more about my journey. I am looking to pay it forward and inspire others to reach their goals.
  • ErinNic612
    ErinNic612 Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks, I will. And congrats on your amazing progress so far, that's awesome!