2 Years at My Goal Weight

Options
pg3ibew
pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
December 2011, 5'10" Male, 255 pounds. High blood pressure. Type 2 diabetes, High cholestoral, Sciatic nerve issues.
October 12, 2012, 5'10" Male 165 pounds. NO MEDICAL ISSUES listed above.
October 12, 2014, 5'10" Male 162-170 pounds. Depending on my indulging. Still NO MEDICAL ISSUES.
In the 2 years since I hit my goal, I have not fluctuated lower than 162 or higher than 170.

I can unequivically state, Myfitnesspal was/is the best thing to happen to me. If used properly, correctly and without cheating, it is guaranteed to work.

NO magic pills. No special foods. No hi/lo carb/fat/paleo or anything like that. I eat/ate the same foods I always ate/eat. I just weigh and measure EVERYTHING I eat. Still to this day.

IF YOU WANT IT, YOU CAN ACHIEVE IT.

Replies

• skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats!great job!
  • shedghes
    shedghes Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Amazing dedication! Good job.
  • aree2525
    aree2525 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    WOW! Congrats!
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :D
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your story, and motivation, is what helps me keep on keepin' on!
  • alliums
    alliums Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love that. No magic pills. What convinced me to try myfitnesspal before going back to trying something else was an article read about a scientist that lost 27lbs on a Twinkie diet, all junk food. Proving that the only factor is counting calories. Of course he was probably ridiculously unhealthy!! But the point that counting works sounds good to me ;)

Thanks for posting about your continued success ;)
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I totally agree, portion control all the way.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind words.
  • pg3ibew
    Options
    One other thought for everyone on the weight loss journey.
    Please remember, you didn't go to bed thin and wake up fat. So, please do not expect to go to bed fat, and wake up thin.

It is a never ending JOURNEY. Just enjoy the ride.
  • IndigoSue13
    IndigoSue13 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That is awesome. :smile:
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You just killed alot of my illusions! No MAGIC! Oh no! :'(

Well done you! Your magic was consistency and hard work!
  • Rachelwin65
    Rachelwin65 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love this post. Thank you so much! It is encouraging to hear about someone's long term success. Gives me great hope to know that if I just keep doing what I am doing today, tomorrow, next week, next year, I will be able to live a healthy, active, life.
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!

My goal is to accomplish the same. I still have another 30-40 pounds to go…but the real measure of success for me will be maintaining a reasonable weight over time. Of course, you already know this. Again, Congrats!

73641431.png
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Yey! Love your story. :smile: Thanks for sharing it with us!
  • mary659497
    mary659497 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love your story because you have kept the weight off. Just like myself I have struggled to lose my excess weight to quit and gain back my losses. I am determined to not have this happen again. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and well done, not only on the loss, but on the 2 year maintenance.
    I'm not far off from you stats-wise, and just recently started my maintenance phase, so it's great to read your (continued) success story.

57365639.png
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Great work!!
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    You are two years down the road from where I want to be. I'm very happy to hear that you have been able to maintain a consistent weight for those two years. Makes me think that I may be on the right track.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!