Help needed - fallen out of love with food

Options
Hi all, I have 3 dress sizes to loose. I tend not to focus on weight loss as I'm a heavy person anyway! Currently a size 18/20 (UK) & would like to get down to size 14 (UK). My problem is I have no love for food - as far as I'm concerned I eat cos I need to fuel my body. I don't enjoy food, I am incredibly fussy with food & quite frankly it's a real pain in the *kitten*! I try & meal plan but can't get excited about food anymore. Ideally I would love to be able to afford to pay a dietitian to work it all out for me, for a chef to come and make it all for me - but there is no chance of that happening.
Does anyone want to sort it out for me pleeease :smiley:;)

Replies

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    A better approach would be to look for friends with open diaries to get ideas. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yes, feel free to add me too. Also from the UK with an open diary and i wish i had your problem. I cant get enough of the stuff.
  • Lady_violet_
    Options
    I think I can relate to how you feel, eating can be exhausting. It's a lot of fuss, you need to shop, and cook, and clean, it takes time and not every time the food is specially tasty, or you feel that it's worthy. Sometimes I go long periods of time without eating because of that. What, sometimes, works for me is to vary a lot what I eat and simply treat my meals as duty, not something pleasurable. Like a task I have to do every day, and try to reward me with something else (Like, 1hr of video game if I eat my lunch properly)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    if you really don't care about food sit down and work out a week's worth of meals that stick within your weekly calorie goal

then prepare and eat them

follow the protein, carb, fat guidelines and try to get a rainbow of veg and fruit

eat and repeat

should be relatively easy if you really don't care about food like you say
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    Options
    Hello & Welcome to MFP! :)

I think I can understand. I am by no means a foodie either and you certainly don't need to be a foodie in order to be able to make healthy eating choices.

What has helped me is to pick a 'go-to' items (ie. skinless chicken breast, quinoa etc) and go through the painful process of punching the food stats in my MFP. Then saving the various combination of items as 'MEALS.' So this way I can have my staples in a matter of 2-3 clicks - easy peasy!

It's not a very sophisticated way of doing things but worked for me & my busy lifestyle. I pretty much eat the same thing over & over - nothing to write home about but gets the job done. :)

Good luck!