Atkins diet - when you bought things you shouldn't have.

Options
I'm on my first week of atkins diet and have bought food that looked okay, but when I had a closer look at the labels it wasn't like I thought. I find it difficult to read in detail the labels in the shop. So for example I bought wafer thin roasted chicken slices and realised there is potato starch in it. Is it still okay to eat it? I don't want to throw it away and waste money but I don't want it to affect my weight loss either.

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    i would not esp' when you are induction.
  • z_bra
    z_bra Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    You don't need to do the Atkins diet to lose weight. Just eat a deficit.
  • bradsbaby1996
    bradsbaby1996 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Shredded cheese has potato starch also and it has never caused a problem for me.. I've been low carb for over a year..
  • Cardio4Cupcakes
    Cardio4Cupcakes Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is fine. You get a certain amount of carb intake per day, and that potato starch is calculated into the nutritional facts.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    The amount of starches is probably not big enough to cause issues. You can know for sure when you look at the carb value.
  • FeefWV
    FeefWV Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    We all need to look at the labels when shopping. It's scary what is in the foods we eat. I wish was able to grow my own produce. I am concerned about the recent articles published about "baby carrots" being bathed in chlorine prior to packaging. People eat these like candy and the scary part is they are giving them to their kids. Whatever happened to the day when we took the time to take a basic carrot and prepare it into carrot sticks? Everything has to be beneficial for "marketing" purposes and I think health comes second. It's all about profit. The Atkins diet is scary. You think of all the nitrites/nitrates and chemicals that go into "meat production" and tell me that's a safe "diet". I think not. It's all hype. Just eat from the basic food groups and count calories. Eat from the rainbow. Peace
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    z_bra wrote: »

this.

but i wouldnt worry too much about a bit of potato starch
  • tanek747
    tanek747 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    z_bra wrote: »

Indeed.