Do you link your MFP to Facebook?

Options
124»

Replies

• cindylu35
    cindylu35 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been on so many "diets" in my life, my family and friends don't "believe" me when I tell them I'm dieting. LOL I just decided to not make it public now. It's a personal thing this time and I'm doing it for ME, not for anyone else. I've only lost 17 lbs so far, and most people don't notice it anyway yet. LOL

I use Facebook for posting occasional pictures of my grandbabies
    I use MFP for daily inspiration on my weight loss, life improvement goals. :)
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    The title of the thread gave me palpitations! So, no lol. When I set up my MFP profile, disabling that button was one of the first things I did.

I prefer the anonymity of being here, of sharing info with people who don't know me. There's less judgement, if any, there's a common bond and you guys get it. A few coworkers use this site, but happily none of suggested adding me as a friend. It would be awkward saying no, but I'd have to in order for me to succeed here in a way that makes me comfortable.

And I do love that this place has made me spend less time on FB overall. That's always a good thing.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    No I don't link my acct. I will post how much weight I have lost occasionally.
  • momzeeee
    momzeeee Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Nope-canceled my fb account last year and it was one of the best things I've ever done :)
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I posted on FB when I had lost 10 pounds (with fair warning that it was a "brag alert"), but I'm not linked in and I don't think I'll be posting any exciting updates on my weight maintenance :laugh:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Nope!

And I've blocked the news feeds of a few of my friends, when all they ever posted was "off to the gym - workin on ma fitness!!!!!!"

I get so sick of seeing that over and over and over and over.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Nope. I think it is boring to most people. They can't even be arsed to read when I post really important political stuff or make my very best witty observations, so they sure as hell don't want to read that I did a workout. Also, I just started New Rules of Weightlifting and can't even imagine the looks of confusion/ derision that little snippet of news would get!

Once or twice when I've done a really long walk I'll link my Endomondo report to fb, just to make other people feel crap and lazy.:tongue:
  • wanderer2222
    Options
    the last thing I need is my judgmental family knowing I am trying to lose weight!
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hell to the no! I prefer to keep my worlds separate.