Whoops, I really didn't eat a whole buffalo calf .. help, how do I change this?

Options
OK, I feel stupid. I helpfully added a new item, because it’s actually really common where I live, but there wasn’t a good listing on MFP in kg, which is what I use. So I carefully researched it, added it and clicked “make public so others can use."

I have now informed the world that a single serving of minced water buffalo is 166 kg. Help, how do I fix that?!?

(I tried to post this in the Tech Support area, but it said I don't have permission to post. Yeah, I totally get why, LOL.)

Replies

• ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    BTW I'm talking about the Public Database ... how to fix an error.

Anyone who sees this and thinks, "minced water buffalo, why that's a perfectly normal food, I eat that all the time" is totally welcome to friend me.
  • ASG_21
    ASG_21 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    lol! You can fix it by searching for it in the database, and where it asks if the nutrition data is correct, press "No". You'll get the option to edit the entry.
  • WestslopeCutty
    WestslopeCutty Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Relook up the food, and in the box on the right, there is a little blue "nutritional info" link. You can edit it from there.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I will never eat water buffalo, minced or otherwise, but just had to say thanks for the lol.

Helpful to learn how to edit the database too.
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hey it works! And now I know how to edit the database. Thanks, Westslope and ASG! (And glad it entertained you, ythannah ... water buffalo can be fixed like bison or beef. In case you ever run into it.)

Although sadly this removes my shot at getting rich. It occurred to me that if I couldn't remove it, then this being the era of google, word would get around that one kg of water buffalo was a single calorie, making a buff burger a quarter or an eighth of a calorie and an entire buffalo calf about 200 calories, and so there'd be a run on water buffalo. And I'd beat the market. I could invest in water buffalo and be set for life.

Well, I've changed it now. Honesty over riches I guess ... Thanks! I think :smile: