how i should alternate the workouts?

Options
hi everyone.As a beginer,i want to workout at home,make some cardio/weight training from youtube.I want to know how i should alternate the workouts,can you give me an example?
eg.:monday- you work the abdominals.Tuesday-legs and butt.Wednesday-cardio..etc
How often should i do cardio ? thank you ^^

Replies

• Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    As a beginner, maybe aim for 3 cardio sessions, and 1-2 strength sessions a week. This is how I began when I was getting into it (in August). Now I'm up to 4-5 cardio, and 3 strength/lifting sessions at home or the gym. How much time you put in could depend on what your goals are.

When I lift, I do a full-body workout. I feel like a week between when I work separate muscles would be too much rest time.

The best guideline I know of is, after your first day, if you are sore, take a day to rest or do something different (ie. if your legs hurt from running, use more arms in your next session). I try not to let 2 days pass without doing SOMETHING. Best wishes!
  • hellenn_13
    hellenn_13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank you very much ! best wishes to you too!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    You don't mention goals, so this is pretty generic, but I'd shoot for 3 full body strength sessions per week and 2-3 cardio sessions. I do something like this:

Today: full body strength
    Tomorrow: cardio
    Next Day: rest
    repeat.