Advocare question

Options
Hey guys, I've posted about this before, but didn't really get any helpful responses. I'd like to know what your take is on the product Advocare? I've heard a lot of success stories, but i'd like to hear some additional opinions on the product, to help with a personal plateu.

Replies

• ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    here is an extensive discussion from last year:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/852347

an easy way to search this site is with Google and use the site name, like this.

site:myfitnesspal.com Advocare
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. Personally, I see more progress doing 24 Day Challenges than I do just trying to exercise and watch what I eat on my own. I'm sure it's absolutely mental and that it's do-able without using Advocare products, but as I said, I personally see more results with Advocare. I'll do a challenge, lose between 4 and 8lbs and maintain that once I'm done, even when I try to eat the same way I would on the challenge. Then I'll do another challenge, lose 4-8 more and maintain. It's frustrating.
  • cmfontaine31
    cmfontaine31 Posts: 128 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    aboone211 wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've posted about this before, but didn't really get any helpful responses. I'd like to know what your take is on the product Advocare? I've heard a lot of success stories, but i'd like to hear some additional opinions on the product, to help with a personal plateu.

I started with Advocare at the very end of July 2014 and have been able to lose more weight than I was able to since I joined MFP in July 2012. I had hit a plateau and was at a loss on how to overcome it. I ate fairly "well" but easily succumbed to cravings. I stayed within my calorie goals for the most part, but always felt sluggish and unhealthy. I also am not the most motivated exerciser...

I had seen friends post things about Advocare but avoided it because I 1, didn't know what it was, and 2, the cost. I threw away the cost factor when I added up all of my eating out expenses for April, May and June: $250 PER MONTH I spent on dining out and eating junk! That's about the cost of the Full 24 Day Challenge. So I was lucky enough to reach out to a friend and she helped me out all along the way.

To date I am down 18 pounds and 11 inches since July 28th. I haven't felt this healthy in years! I am only 5 lbs away from my MFP weight loss goal... Within 2 days of starting the 24 Day Challenge, I was not craving any chocolate! (Small miracle for me!) The deal with Advocare is that you are giving your body the nutrients it needs thru their products and eating properly (no carbs/no sugar for the 1st ten days and carbs every 4th day...) My dad saw how well I was doing and decided to start the Challenge as well...He lost 6 lbs in the first 10 days and dropped a pant size already (day 20).

Maybe it is all psychological as some people would say, but it's what works for me and the friends of mine who also joined Advocare. Thru the Advocare family and friends I have the support to continue on my journey and excel at it!

Hope my opinion helps in whatever way it can for you! I can help if you are interested! =)
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Complete waste of money. Anyone giving it a good review here is probably selling it since it's a multi-level marketing scheme.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    Complete waste of money. Anyone giving it a good review here is probably selling it since it's a multi-level marketing scheme.

This...eat real food....
  • bnsunny
    bnsunny Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I've tried Advocare off and on.... Heres what I think.... Everyone will take a different path to get where they want to go/be and what works for some will not work for all. However, I like the advocare products for several reasons... I first started with the 24 day challenge witch helped me by giving me guidelines to follow. This also helped me because I have such a hard time with cravings so to give myself a goal with a system to follow (along with the supplements) helped me get on a good path. The supplements helped me curb my cravings and keep on track. I say try it and see if it works for you. My suggestion would be to start with the 24 day challenge and go from there. Only you will know if it works for you or not… Hope that helps!! 
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I did the 24 day challenge and I didn't pay for it. I was apprehensive about doing it but I was kind of a guinea pig so I went with it. I have to say it helped me get back on track and clean up some bad habits. If it's something that I had to pay for myself would I have done it initially? Probably not. After getting the results I got and maintaining since then? Yes, I say the doing the challenge for me was worth it. I have not taken any products by Advocare since I finished.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    So you're asking the same group of people who previously didn't give you the answer you wanted for their opinions in the hope that they'll magically be "helpful" (read: validate your impending poor choice)?

Interesting idea.

Anyway, I'll continue to be patently "unhelpful":

Don't waste the time or the money. Drink plenty of water, lift weights, get a substantial amount of exercise that you enjoy and can do comfortably, eat at a caloric deficit.

Seriously, those MLM scams prey upon the idea that you are somehow "unable" to do this without their "help". Recognize that strength, validation and motivation come from within.
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've been tasking MNS 3 for about 5 months. I have skipped a week here and there and I noticed a difference in the way I feel. I've never done the challenge but MNS3 is a part of it. I tried Spark but I don't care for it. MNS 3 has probiotics. I think that is the best part of it.