What do you want for the holidays?

Options
AsaThorsWoman
AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
It's the time of year I get asked that a lot.

What a blessing!

So... I'm trying to figure out what I want.

What do you want for your respective December gift-trading holiday (if you celebrate at all)?

Replies

• teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I am really trying to cut down on clutter and STUFF! I've asked for things i don't have to find a home for, dust, keep clean, keep organized, look after, wash, etc.

I've asked for things like Southwest Airline gift cards, gift cards to Hotels.com, gift cards to the spa or movies, theatre tickets, memberships to the zoo and museums, magazine subscriptions...and in the case of my parents only: here is the account number to my student loans...just chip in!

My daughter is horrible at secrets...she has already told me that she is getting me a gift card to the cinema, and a gift card to Amazon so I can download books to my iPad. PERFECT!

I have specifically asked that I NOT get ANY MORE kitchen stuff...It's kind of like being a teacher, when your family and friends get you apple and ruler themed stuff...chefs tend to collect a crap-ton of kitchen thingies.
  • DavePFJ
    DavePFJ Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    People like you make me spend all day creating a giant 5 foot pancake that I just roll myself up in and then spend the next hour eating my way out and crying.
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    A boyfriend >:)
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have decided not to exchange expensive gifts this year and go on a city break somewhere in Europe early next year instead. Loved a recent trip to Nice so prefer to do that. Will still spend on the kids.
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    fit_war wrote: »

Taking applications?
    giphy.gif
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    DavePFJ wrote: »
    People like you make me spend all day creating a giant 5 foot pancake that I just roll myself up in and then spend the next hour eating my way out and crying.

I don't know whether I want to laugh or cry at the mental image... :wink:

• fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Lol
  • fit_war
    fit_war Posts: 985 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    dkewatson wrote: »
    fit_war wrote: »

Taking applications?

dancing-dance-celebration-iiqXPSn2QBdOo
  • dkewatson
    dkewatson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    ^^ Oh-yes-GIF_1.gif
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    LOL! ^
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Time off with the family and have fun.
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    It's the time of year I get asked that a lot.

What a blessing!

So... I'm trying to figure out what I want.

What do you want for your respective December gift-trading holiday (if you celebrate at all)?

1: A really well made 12" cast iron frying pan.

2: Ankle buoyancy wraps for my swimming workouts.

3: FitBit

I've been dropping hints to my family the last month. ;)
  • joemasserini
    joemasserini Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've got a few books on my list. I'd love one of those powder blue 80s Phillies jerseys!
  • crystallynnl
    crystallynnl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    :\ To be happy and know next year will be better than this year..
  • KMW1219
    KMW1219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Usually every year I know exactly what I want, but this year I have no clue!! I just want to finally land a teaching job (I'm a sub right now) and move in with my fiancé. I also want for myself and my family to be happy and healthy.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I am the only materialistic person here? I guess because I am newly divorced and broke, I have material desires. I would love a spa day or a make over or a new outfit!!
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    A job... one that will cover the loss of half of DH's income while he completes his masters degree.

I do want material things, but they can wait until we're not about to go into the biggest money crunch of our lives. We also have 2 children, so gifts for them come first.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I want a laptop, camera i can turn the screen around so i can make a video and see myself at the same time, money, bath items, hello kitty stuff, and items for power outages
  • unannamoss
    unannamoss Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A kayak, a bicycle, and Smartwool socks.

My husband and I don't usually exchange gifts but I thought I would put that out there in case Santa was on here...he is a little overweight...you never know.
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    a dance partner/someone to go on adventures with/hugs

and the usual-money to pay for dance lessons, anything hello kitty or alice in wonderland related, massages, adventures or holidays and a puppy