5'10" Ladies w/ Medium-Large Frame

Options
2»

Replies

• fitcrt
    fitcrt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »

To maintain, Harvard Medical School says 15 cal / lb when active 30 min / day.
    http://www.health.harvard.edu/healthbeat/HB_web/calorie-counting-made-easy.htm

51637601.png

Thanks for this!
  • fitcrt
    Options
    To maintain my current weight I think I'm at 2,200 or so.

This is helpful - thank you!

• fitcrt
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    Wow, I feel like I eat a lot compared to you guys. Fat2FitRadio.com has me at around 2200 for a slow, maybe half pound a week loss but I'm really maintaining for the most part. I'm about 166 and looking to get down to 159, but not really caring too much right now because I'm focusing on strength training and changing my body composition. I'd much rather go down one more pant size to an 8 than worry about the scale.

This too - thank you!
  • EmilySappe
    Options
    5'10.

My current weight is 243, but i don't think my size represents that? I wear a 14 in dresses and 16 in jeans. I just feel like i should be a tiny bit bigger with that weight. Not complaining at all though!!

My goal weight is around 160-but that's flexible. I just want to get to a size 8, 6 if it's possible.

for calories I'm at about 1400 for -2 pounds a week. but I've set it at sedentary since I'm a college student who only gets to work out sporadically.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and 160ish pounds, largish frame, size 8. I can eat 2000 plus exercise calories to lose a half pound a week. 2300 to maintain (again, I eat exercise calories). My goal is 150.
  • deliz618
    deliz618 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10", 214 lbs currently. Started out at 223 or so. My goal weight is 165. I've been aiming for 1200 to 1500 calories a day. I could always use some new friends :)
  • kamurray6
    kamurray6 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" with more of a smallish medium frame. Previously I lost a lot of weight, down to 148 lbs. That was difficult to maintain at about 1800 calories per day unless I strictly avoided processed sugar other refined carbs. I got tired of being called too skinny, bony, etc and actually looked at pictures of myself and decided to go up to 155 lbs. At that weight, I could maintain eating about 2200 calories per day with an occasional sweet treat or carb like a potato or pasta. I can wear most size 10s anywhere from 148 lbs to the high 160s. I think setting goals on dress sizes is pointless. Every manufacturer sizes differently. from what I've read recently, most manufactures are actually making clothes bigger so women fell better about themselves. So a size 8 today is more like a 10/12 15 years ago. At one point quite a few years ago I was so skinny I fit in to a size 8. When my small nephews asked if I was sick I realized it was time to put a few pounds back on.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I currently weight about 167 pounds, and would like to lose 10-15. I eat between 1300 and 1500 calories per day, but unfortunately I am not losing, but also don't lose when I eat up to 1700... would love to lose a pound a week even! I will get there eventually I hope :)

Ditto this for me!
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • carolineat111
    carolineat111 Posts: 97 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1600-2000 calories, gym 6 days a week (primarily strength training)
    I'm 157lbs and 5'10". In the last two months I've only lost 2lbs, but over 7 inches on my body. I'm pretty much at the weight I want to be at, just replacing fat with muscle. Hope this help!

ETA: Oh and I wear a size 4 long or 6 long (usually 4).
  • fitcrt
    Options

ETA: Oh and I wear a size 4 long or 6 long (usually 4).

That seems so small for 5'10"

• spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm 6', 175 lbs, and larger frame. MFP has me at 1810 for 1 lb/week but I'm fairly active. Fitbit usually adds 300-400 cals/day in exercise steps. I've been doing something wrong though since I'm losing slower than that but I don't mind. I feel pretty good.

Hoping to eventually get down to 160. But no rush. I wear a 10 long pants, and a large top (36F bust)
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10" I would say pretty large frame, my middle finger and thumb don't meet around my wrist, and I'm quite broad accross the hips and shoulders (even without the fat). I think I wouldn't like to go any lower than 165 as my goal, I'd be too thin. I started at 265, I'm currently 220. Previously at 195 I've been in pretty good shape. I reckon 10 of that is boobs anyway :open_mouth:

MFP tells me to eat 1700, I've recently dropped it down to 1500 as I haven't lost anything in a month.