Am I unproportionate?

Options
Okay I have went from 199 pounds to 142. Little to no exercise.

My bust is 36
Waist 29-30
Hips 35-36

I have lost a substantial amount of weight but now I feel insecure because I have a small butt and fat stomach. I am still dieting to go to 130 lbs and I am now toning my muscles. What can I do to look normal? Toned and fit?

Replies

• missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Weight training and overall fat reduction.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    You're not unproportionate. You're just not an hourglass figure. Not everyone is. Yes, weight training will help you feel better about how you look, but it wont necessarily change your body type.
  • teezygotdoe
    Options
    Weight training and overall fat reduction.

HIIT Cardio & Lifting Weights?
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yeah, just focus on toning up! Good job so far :) Try doing squats and yoga, Pilates, ballet barre will help round out your butt with some muscle and tone your abs! Find things you enjoy and it will happen.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Strength training
  • teezygotdoe
    Options
    Yeah, just focus on toning up! Good job so far :) Try doing squats and yoga, Pilates, ballet barre will help round out your butt with some muscle and tone your abs! Find things you enjoy and it will happen.

Do you recommend HIIT cardio, butt, arm & ab workouts?
  • babyamor1389
    babyamor1389 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Have you tried fitness blender workouts on youtube? They have hitt and strength training videos. I have had such a hard time loosing weight but now am beginning to see the weight move down.
  • catcalledjinx
    Options
    I am pretty sure there is no such word as 'unproportionate'. 'Disproportionate' is a real word, however, in this context, I think you should have said ' out of proportion'. - Helpful grammar cat :)
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    You have very similar proportions to me. (I'm 34, 28, 36) No hourglass, but certainly nothing wrong with that shape. I've noticed much improvement with lots of squats, deadlifts, benchpress, hip thrusts, overhead press and "burst training" (like HIIT but the intervals are shorter). Also making sure your core is strong and posture is good will help make your "fat stomach" look a lot thinner (I've noticed I look many pounds thinner just when I stand up straight and keep my glutes tight).
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    that's the reality of losing….it comes off where it wants during the process. Just keep working towards your goal..and we all see on here how lifting weights and working out can reshape a person. so..maybe embrace that. but congrats on the loss..that is amazing!!!
  • teezygotdoe
    teezygotdoe Posts: 20
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I am pretty sure there is no such word as 'unproportionate'. 'Disproportionate' is a real word, however, in this context, I think you should have said ' out of proportion'. - Helpful grammar cat :)[/quote

Please, only comment on my post to answer my questions, not correct my grammar. Instead of being a helpful grammar cat focus on your body like everyone else on this forum looking for help.

Oh, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary it is such a word.

http://i.word.com/idictionary/unproportionate

Good day!

• teezygotdoe
    Options
    that's the reality of losing….it comes off where it wants during the process. Just keep working towards your goal..and we all see on here how lifting weights and working out can reshape a person. so..maybe embrace that. but congrats on the loss..that is amazing!!!

Thank you! I will continue my journey and start doing myself a favor by lifting weights and doing HIIT cardio.
  • teezygotdoe
    Options
    justcat206 wrote: »
    You have very similar proportions to me. (I'm 34, 28, 36) No hourglass, but certainly nothing wrong with that shape. I've noticed much improvement with lots of squats, deadlifts, benchpress, hip thrusts, overhead press and "burst training" (like HIIT but the intervals are shorter). Also making sure your core is strong and posture is good will help make your "fat stomach" look a lot thinner (I've noticed I look many pounds thinner just when I stand up straight and keep my glutes tight).

Thank you so much for your advice. I truly appreciate it :) especially coming from someoe similar to me. I seen your profile pic and you look amazing.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the only one who read that as un-appropriate, figuring it was a typo for...nevermind.
    yuh5ky392i2y.gif
  • CMcBryer
    CMcBryer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    If you want a shapelier butt, kettlebell swings and deadlifts are two of the best exercises you can do.
  • teezygotdoe
    Options
    hookilau wrote: »
    I guess I'm the only one who read that as un-appropriate, figuring it was a typo for...nevermind.
    yuh5ky392i2y.gif

Can you answer my question in any way? If not...
  • teezygotdoe
    Options
    CMcBryer wrote: »
    If you want a shapelier butt, kettlebell swings and deadlifts are two of the best exercises you can do.

Okay, sounds good. Thank you!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    yuh5ky392i2y.gif

LMAO I thought the same thing so you're not alone.

OP - lift heavy things. Check out StrongLifts 5x5, it's simple, to the point, and works!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    yuh5ky392i2y.gif

The word is inappropriate.

To answer the question, your figure sounds fine. Pre-pregnancy I was 36-29-39, and an hourglass, so you're not much different.

I'd say focus on doing some weights/strength training, and also get some cardio in.