can someone look at a sample day of my diet?

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Remove the eggs and replace with fruit.
    There is so much cholesterol in eggs! That is clogging your arteries and asking for high blood pressure!

My answer to everything is go vegan. You can't go wrong with fresh or frozen fruit and veggies. No oils, refined carbs, agave, and fake foods such as vegan cheese or meats.
    80/10/10, raw till 4, you're good to go.

yes, your answer to everything even when its not relevant, useful or CORRECT. stop :trollface:ing
  • erinb419
    Options
    I would recommend getting another healthy snack in there. I heard that eating about every three hours boosts metabolism. So, I eat about two healthy snacks a day (mid-morning and mid-afternoon), and it works great for me.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    There is so much cholesterol in eggs! That is clogging your arteries and asking for high blood pressure!

My answer to everything is go vegan. You can't go wrong with fresh or frozen fruit and veggies. No oils, refined carbs, agave, and fake foods such as vegan cheese or meats.

No. Eggs are one of nature's "perfect" foods. By cutting out eggs, you're getting rid of the benefits of all the nutrients that are IN eggs. Eggs are not bad. Quite the contrary, actually.

• jasonmh630
    Options
    erinb419 wrote: »
    I would recommend getting another healthy snack in there. I heard that eating about every three hours boosts metabolism. So, I eat about two healthy snacks a day (mid-morning and mid-afternoon), and it works great for me.

FYI... Your metabolism doesn't get "boosted" from anything. Your metabolism runs at it's own pace, depending on your activity level. Meal timing is purely preferential.

• jasonmh630
    Options

If you're doing vegan for anything other than moral reasons, then you're doing it wrong. Also, some oils are some of the healthiest fats you can have. Anything I cook, I cook with olive oil. There is nothing unhealthy about it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

So much incorrect here that I laughed so hard I peed a little.

Just a little.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

Just a little.

Exactly. I think I peed a little as well. Eggs and oils are not the cause of high blood pressure. Also, trying to force your vegan views on someone else who didn't ask about the vegan lifestyle is seemingly rude. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the vegan lifestyle more about morality than healthy choices? At least that's what 90% of the vegans I know tell me. Fats are not the enemy. Meat isn't the enemy. Cheese isn't the enemy. Eggs and oils certainly aren't the enemy.

• MomTo3Lovez
    MomTo3Lovez Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Ummm yeah...NO

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    There does not look like enough food in calories terms. You need to lose weight in a safe and sustainable way plus whatever diet/food you are on then it needs to meet your needs in terms of nutrition. Is that really all you want to eat for the rest of your life?

You should also consider weigh /resistance training to help tone you up and give you a better shape than dieting alone will. Do that as you are losing weight because you will lessen the muscle loss.

Absolute rubbish.

From the NHS site
    Eggs are a good choice as part of a healthy, balanced diet. As well as being a source of protein, they also contain vitamins and minerals. They can be part of a healthy meal that's quick and easy to make.

Eggs and cholesterol

Eggs contain cholesterol, and having high cholesterol levels in our blood increases our risk of heart disease.

However, the amount of saturated fat we eat has more effect on the amount of cholesterol in our blood than eating eggs does.

If your GP or health professional has told you to watch your cholesterol levels, your priority should be to cut down on saturated fat. You can get advice in Eat less saturated fat.

If you are eating a balanced diet, you only need to cut down on eggs if you have been told to do so by your GP or dietitian.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

Just a little.

Exactly. I think I peed a little as well. Eggs and oils are not the cause of high blood pressure. Also, trying to force your vegan views on someone else who didn't ask about the vegan lifestyle is seemingly rude. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the vegan lifestyle more about morality than healthy choices? At least that's what 90% of the vegans I know tell me. Fats are not the enemy. Meat isn't the enemy. Cheese isn't the enemy. Eggs and oils certainly aren't the enemy.

I thought being a vegan gave some sort of special powers, everyone I know who is vegan apparently is closer to sainthood or the truth of life.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    breakfast. 1/3 cup porridge with blueberries and no fat yoghurt
    lunch, turkey, spinach and lettuce sandwich on helgas low carb bread and a banana
    snack...blueberries and yoghurt
    dinner...2 boiled eggs with salad.

is this ok? what should I change if anything
    and I also workout about 4 days a week (les mills classes, swimming etc)
    Thanks

Please eat more, it doesn't really matter what. You should be eating 1200 plus probably some exercise calories.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    It's unnecessarily low in calories. You won't feel fine for long if you continue to eat that little.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You meals seem rather small so if you do smaller meals as your main meals, you should have decent sized snacks as well. You can do those small meals, but what you eat in between should be substantial with protein and fiber.

When you say salad, do you just mean lettuce? So lettuce with eggs and I assume dressing? I LOVE salads (for taste - I get very annoyed when people tell me there's too much "stuff" in my lettuce). On my salads, I have things like: cabbage, bean sprouts, carrots, brocolli, mushrooms, variety of beans, corn, oranges, avocado, egg, olives, etc. with some form of protein (usually seafood). Try not to just leave salads empty because otherwise, you're just eatting lettuce and dressing.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    It is very hard to judge if the meals listed are ok because the caloric values aren't shown.
    Perhaps you can open your diary so we can see an overall log for the past few days?
    Also, are you weighing your foods and measuring your liquids? Basing the calories on what the package shows is not accurate...
  • joeysgirl10
    joeysgirl10 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    too little calories... especially if you are exercising as well.

Your body is going to do the opposite of what you want it to do... your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to everything that you eat...

You need to eat your calorie goal in order to get your metabolism started. Some weeks when I eat the exercise calories (within range) I earned I have lost more weight in weeks I excluded exercise calories!
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    too little calories... especially if you are exercising as well.

Your body is going to do the opposite of what you want it to do... your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to everything that you eat...

You need to eat your calorie goal in order to get your metabolism started. Some weeks when I eat the exercise calories (within range) I earned I have lost more weight in weeks I excluded exercise calories!

No it won't. Starvation mode does not exist.
    Metabolism is what it is. It won't stall.
    They wont be able to maintain the habits they are using now, and will gain weight back + more once they start to eat normally... but the body won't hold weight.

• caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options

I've got 6 hens I eat eggs virtually everyday or cook with them. The only
    Thing wrong with eggs is how chickens are
    Mistreated in commercial factory's. eggs are
    Meant to nourish a baby chick for a few months.
  • jasonmh630
    Options
    jasonmh630 wrote: »

Just a little.

I thought being a vegan gave some sort of special powers, everyone I know who is vegan apparently is closer to sainthood or the truth of life.

Haha! I see what you did there. ;)
    Most of the vegans I know are pretty humble about life. They understand that not everyone should be vegan unless they understand the decision behind it. By the way, by morality I mean having personal moral oppositions to the way certain foods are created.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    breakfast. 1/3 cup porridge with blueberries and no fat yoghurt
    lunch, turkey, spinach and lettuce sandwich on helgas low carb bread and a banana
    snack...blueberries and yoghurt
    dinner...2 boiled eggs with salad.

is this ok? what should I change if anything
    and I also workout about 4 days a week (les mills classes, swimming etc)
    Thanks

This is not enough food.. you need to eat more. Increase the quantities, add more dense foods, foods you like to eat. Make sure you are enjoying your meals.

If you say your target is 1200, and you are eating only around 850 as you stated, I am not sure what kind of advice you are looking for here.