EXTREMELY NAUSEOUS AND DIZZY!

Options
2»

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    If, after eating, the nausea and dizziness continue go see your doctor. The light-headed, woozy feelings can caused by low blood sugar too.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Bananas, rice, applesauce, lean chicken breast. Easy to digest, quick carbs plus some protein. When my digestive disorder kicks in and it's hard to find something my intestines can tolerate, these foods help me pull through. When you wait too long to eat, it makes the nausea worse. It goes from being nausea caused by illness to being nausea caused by low blood sugar. You may find that a little something in your stomach helps. Good luck.
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Also drink water!! In severe cases of dehydration the Dr recommends drinking gator aid because the salt helps the body to retain fluids which are needed until your hydrated again.
    I was told this when my husband was dehydrated from working construction out in the heat last summer. Otherwise...everyone else is right. You should eat something.... If your having trouble finding something you can hold down, eat crackers and water, dry toast, and definitely see a Dr. Could you be pregnant?
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Also drink water!! In severe cases of dehydration the Dr recommends drinking gator aid because the salt helps the body to retain fluids which are needed until your hydrated again.
    I was told this when my husband was dehydrated from working construction out in the heat last summer. Otherwise...everyone else is right. You should eat something.... If your having trouble finding something you can hold down, eat crackers and water, dry toast, and definitely see a Dr. Could you be pregnant?

dehydration was my first thought when i saw the title of this post. i managed to run myself dehydrated the other week, and couldn't even keep down a cup of water. had to sit there and sip water all afternoon until i was finally feeling well enough to eat something.
    definitely not something i ever want to repeat.
  • Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend eating anything, but probably something high is calories and sugar since it sounds as if you're hypoglycemic. Best of luck to you, but please seek professional help.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Trolls ade going to be everywere its the internet they have nothing better to do and they obviously need an ego boost if your still dizzy i hope you went to the doctor dont let self important people get to you :)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I sense the OP is someone who doesn't really practice the art of good eating or enough eating. Another case of "I'll do anything to lose weight, including putting myself at risk for starvation, because I really, really, really need to be skinny!"

She's 19. 'nuf said.

Now that is completly uncalled for. Just because someone is young they will be intentionally hurting themselves really?
  • Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    This really sounds like a look at me I am starving myself and need attnention post. If it is not, eat a well balanced meal with proteins fats and carbs. Avocados and nuts are good fats. A PB and J sandwich is what we used to give people recovering insulin shock when I was an EMT. It has carbs and protein in it.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I sense the OP is someone who doesn't really practice the art of good eating or enough eating. Another case of "I'll do anything to lose weight, including putting myself at risk for starvation, because I really, really, really need to be skinny!"

She's 19. 'nuf said.

Now that is completly uncalled for. Just because someone is young they will be intentionally hurting themselves really?

YES, because girls this age tend to be very concerned about their looks and weight. Not ALL girls, but some of them do. There is an extrinsic need for attention from others, which can lead to participating in destructive habits like starvation, drug use, alcohol abuse, etc.

Healthy minded people have healthy relationships with food.